Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Default Re: What are your first Jelly Bean impressions?

Quote Originally Posted by Megaroad View Post
    I rebooted a couple times after installing, including one with power + volume down.

Scrolling through the settings menu seems smoother than ICS, as does scrolling between screens, although swiping to the left to access the quick settings page feels as if it has a slight jerk to it.

I feel as if Chrome scrolls through pages a little smoother now although it could be my imagination.

Also in the category of "could be my imagination": I took a few pictures of a fairly dark room in the early morning, and I felt as if the camera was able to handle the darkness better than before. That could just be in my mind though.

The swipe-up-from-home to access Google Now is neat, although it seems redundant with the google bar that's built into the OS.

The voice questions seem to work fine - tried "where am I?" "what time is it?" and..."Where is FAO Schwartz?" and it worked well.

I haven't gotten any notifications to test the new notifications yet (except for app updates, which don't seem to do anything different unless I'm not doing it right).

The lock-screen clock is on the right side of the phone instead of the left, haha. And it shows the date and alarm there too, which I don't think it did before.
    Only redundant if you are already on the homescreen. Allows quick access to Google Now if you are in an app.

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Yup, hotspots now built into the Share Everything plans. I'm actually saving money now, so no complaints on my end. One of the reasons I was thinking of forgoing root (I succumbed... old habits die hard).

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDude View Post
    Only redundant if you are already on the homescreen. Allows quick access to Google Now if you are in an app.
    That is a good point, I didn't think of that. Okay, now we can feel special for having a phone with softkeys.

My other gripe is that JB didn't change the fact that swiping to the Blur quick settings is still a little jerky the first time you do it after waking the phone up.

Btw I haven't noticed a change in battery life either way.

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

Can we get some screenshots of things that look differently like the lock screen, contacts, etc.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2
    climb94 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by emock81 View Post
    I would love to know the answer to this one too.

Two small issues I have on top of that. My Amazon Appstore stopped working. I even downloaded and installed again but when I try to run it I get kicked right out. I am hoping Amazon can fix something with an update if its them but I want to make sure I'm not the only one with this issue.

Another issue, when I use smart actions to put my car in vehicle mode there used to be a notification that vehicle mode was activated. This is not the notification that the smart action is on, it was a separate one for just vehicle mode. It was nice because if I had to exit that mode for any reason I could go back into it simply by selecting the notification. Now the notification doesn't appear in JB even thought it worked fine yesterday on ICS.
    I am also experiencing both of these issues.

Something weird - my ringtone sounds different. I've used the Solarium ringtone since I had my Galaxy Nexus, and was happy to find it on this phone. But I just noticed after the JB update, it's different. Recognizable, but different. Not in a good way.

One major thing I noticed that's great for me is now LTE is picked up inside my house. Before I could only get it outside. One happy camper now.

After ota to JB, I still seem to have noticeable lag doing from screen to screen (don't even mention going to quick settings). Swiping through screens in the app menu does seem noticeably smoother tho, but the home page thing really is annoying. Maybe i'm just spoiled by seeing how smooth 4.2 is on my nexus 7, but looks like i'm just going to be using Nova for now or maybe will have to just root.
    Thanked by:
    Who? 

Were there any changes made to the camera software?

I took a few pictures and the HDR mode looks much more noisier indoors than before.

Global Posts
    885 Global Posts

Another issue, when I use smart actions to put my car in vehicle mode there used to be a notification that vehicle mode was activated.
    That must be annoying to have to put your car in vehicle mode; but it must be really cool when its in airplane mode =)
    Thanked by:
    rbess1965 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GilmourD View Post
    It might be prudent for you to do a factory reset. Sounds like you have something that's not playing nice and you need to clear it out.
    When you say factory reset, are you referring to the thing in Privacy settings that says "Factory data reset, removes all data" or is it something else?

I would love to know the answer to this one too.

Two small issues I have on top of that. My Amazon Appstore stopped working. I even downloaded and installed again but when I try to run it I get kicked right out. I am hoping Amazon can fix something with an update if its them but I want to make sure I'm not the only one with this issue.

Another issue, when I use smart actions to put my car in vehicle mode there used to be a notification that vehicle mode was activated. This is not the notification that the smart action is on, it was a separate one for just vehicle mode. It was nice because if I had to exit that mode for any reason I could go back into it simply by selecting the notification. Now the notification doesn't appear in JB even thought it worked fine yesterday on ICS.
    I am also experiencing the Vehicle Mode issue. Making me crazy because to get back into Vehicle Mode after exiting is a pain. Even the widget doesn't do it ... it's a toggle widget

Quote Originally Posted by Megaroad View Post
    When you say factory reset, are you referring to the thing in Privacy settings that says "Factory data reset, removes all data" or is it something else?

That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by bottlerocket View Post
    Something weird - my ringtone sounds different. I've used the Solarium ringtone since I had my Galaxy Nexus, and was happy to find it on this phone. But I just noticed after the JB update, it's different. Recognizable, but different. Not in a good way.
    I noticed the same thing. None of the other tones seemed to change. Does anyone know a source to download the ICS Solarium?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MrZack View Post
    I noticed the same thing. None of the other tones seemed to change. Does anyone know a source to download the ICS Solarium?

It was driving me crazy. Original version here:
    Thanked by:
    MrZack 

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

So far so good. Root is still working and every app I have used is fine.
    I like this phone with its sturdy build large capacity battery. The main apps I use for operation are Beautiful Widgets and ADW Launcher.
    Together they make this a really great phone.
    One thing with beautiful widget clocks, each pages clock can be a different style; on my Thunderbolt all were the same style though they could be different sizes.
    Last edited by jonthebru; 12-06-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Seems like the battery is takings hit with jelly bean. I usually go all day and am left with over 60% battery. By about 3:00 today, I was already down to 50%. I'll keep an eye on this over the next few days.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like the battery is takings hit with jelly bean. I usually go all day and am left with over 60% battery. By about 3:00 today, I was already down to 50%. I'll keep an eye on this over the next few days.

UPDATE : here ya go.

RHS

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

Someone can confirm, but I thought that when you received a call in ICS, that the screen automatically reverted back to the home screen when you hung up. In JB, it just stays on the recent call list. Doesn't seem to be a way to change it.
    HES

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jbird82 View Post
    Other aesthetic changes..I wish they would have kept the blue theme in the notification menu. I know the grey is vanilla jelly bean but with the blue theme throughout the phone, I think it looks a little inconsistent. I also preferred the transparent google search bar.
    I've got the same complaints. I like the old look a lot. The new one feels kludgy, as it were borrowing an element from htc sense.

My final dislike so far: some mentioned ting tones sounding different, here is what I'm experiencing. They quite the danged thing down. One of the things I loved about this phone was that the speaker could wake the dead. Now they've tamed it. I now have to crank the sound controls all the way up. Even then the volume of the notifications just ain't what they used to be.

Damnit I liked bring able to crank the volume to 11
    Last edited by HES; 12-06-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Very curious to see how people are doing in two days. My first day and a half was pretty good, and then things started tanking, like Gmail and battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    Very curious to see how people are doing in two days. My first day and a half was pretty good, and then things started tanking, like Gmail and battery life.
    My battery hasn't changed that I noticed. I'm at 11 1/2 unplugged and two hours of screen time....79% battery.

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx HD using Android Central app

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

How long have you had JB? If less than two days, please reread my post.

Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    How long have you had JB? If less than two days, please reread my post.
    Oh I see, so now that jelly bean is installed everything works normal and then all of a sudden something within jelly bean goes wonky? Well that would suck.

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx HD using Android Central app
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast