What are your first Jelly Bean impressions?

ongre10

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
So far so good. Root is still working and every app I have used is fine.
I like this phone with its sturdy build large capacity battery. The main apps I use for operation are Beautiful Widgets and ADW Launcher.
Together they make this a really great phone.
One thing with beautiful widget clocks, each pages clock can be a different style; on my Thunderbolt all were the same style though they could be different sizes.

Last edited:

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Seems like the battery is takings hit with jelly bean. I usually go all day and am left with over 60% battery. By about 3:00 today, I was already down to 50%. I'll keep an eye on this over the next few days.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like the battery is takings hit with jelly bean. I usually go all day and am left with over 60% battery. By about 3:00 today, I was already down to 50%. I'll keep an eye on this over the next few days.

RHS

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Someone can confirm, but I thought that when you received a call in ICS, that the screen automatically reverted back to the home screen when you hung up. In JB, it just stays on the recent call list. Doesn't seem to be a way to change it.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Other aesthetic changes..I wish they would have kept the blue theme in the notification menu. I know the grey is vanilla jelly bean but with the blue theme throughout the phone, I think it looks a little inconsistent. I also preferred the transparent google search bar.

I've got the same complaints. I like the old look a lot. The new one feels kludgy, as it were borrowing an element from htc sense.

My final dislike so far: some mentioned ting tones sounding different, here is what I'm experiencing. They quite the danged thing down. One of the things I loved about this phone was that the speaker could wake the dead. Now they've tamed it. I now have to crank the sound controls all the way up. Even then the volume of the notifications just ain't what they used to be.

Damnit I liked bring able to crank the volume to 11

Last edited:

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Very curious to see how people are doing in two days. My first day and a half was pretty good, and then things started tanking, like Gmail and battery life.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
Very curious to see how people are doing in two days. My first day and a half was pretty good, and then things started tanking, like Gmail and battery life.

My battery hasn't changed that I noticed. I'm at 11 1/2 unplugged and two hours of screen time....79% battery.

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx HD using Android Central app

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
It seemed that way for me and for others who got it earlier this week. Today I turned off Google Now and ran my phone in safe mode for a couple of hours. I then rebooted to normal, kept Google Now off, and things are a lot smoother than they have been compared to the prior 36 hours. Still not sure about the battery, because of the update I haven't had a "normal" usage day since ICS. Tomorrow morning will be the test; for the past two days Gmail has frozen in the morning as I'm flipping through emails that came in overnight.

Bottom line: if you're unhappy with lag and stuttering in JB, try turning off Google Now. Still can't get Light Flow to work for Gmail, though, and turning off Google Now will probably not solve any third party app issues. But it does make things feel better, at least for me.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed moving the cursor arrow along text is more precise and fluid in PORTRAIT mode but gets jerky in landscape. Wow weird. Anyone else?? I just tested this multiple times within the AC forums text box and the JB native text app. And backspacing is slower.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if any of you had a RAZR on ginger bread and experienced what it was like to move to ICS, but every phone that did it took a hit on battery initially. I believe the battery eventually returned to normal but damn what a pain it was. I also found glitches from the move and had to do a factory reset to get it worked out. I wasn't happy about that either because I lost data in a few of my apps. I'm not looking forward to another update because I've been happy with the performance an stability of ICS on this new HD and feel that the update is going to screw with this one now. However I also know that resistance is futile so I will accept the update when it's presented. Just expect some moaning from me till it settles in.

Sent using the Amazing RAZR MaxxHD

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Are you on a Share Everything plan? If so, there's no longer an extra charge for using your phone as a hotspot, so you can use the built-in hotspot. Sure, it doesn't have all the features and whatnot, but it works. :)

Yeah I am still on unlimited data.