Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 24 of 24
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By freeky1
  • 2 Post By whoover
  • 1 Post By Megaroad
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Thumbs up Loving my "new to me" Razr Maxx HD!

    I was fortunate enough to find someone on Craigslist selling a white Droid Razr Mazz HD for $350. I bought it and sold my Droid Razr Maxx for $300, so I am only out $50 on the upgrade, and man what an upgrade it is. The best part is that I get to hold onto my unlimited data plan. I may never buy another subsidized phone again.

    As far as the phone goes, I can't believe how much better this phone runs than my old phone. What a difference that extra 0.4 inches makes. I just woke up this morning to the Jelly Bean upgrade, so now both of my devices (Droid Razr Maxx HD and 4G Xoom) are rocking the same OS.

    I picked up the Cruzerlite Androidified TPU case, and it is like a second skin.

    I hope everyone else is loving this phone as much as I am. I usually do not get this excited about a device, but when I see the look on my friends faces who own the Samsung Galaxy S3, I can tell that they know that this is a much nicer device.

    Sorry to ramble on.
    Motorola Droid Bionic 4g LTE - Motorola Xoom Tablet 4g LTE
    And yes, the SIM card from the Bionic works great in the Xoom!
  2. #2  
    Who?'s Avatar

    Posts
    391 Posts
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

    Default Re: Loving my "new to me" Razr Maxx HD!

    There is no white razr maxx HD. The razr hd though does come in white.

    I'm happy to be wrong though. Just snap a picture of it while you're sitting on your unicorn and I'll gladly apologize.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Loving my "new to me" Razr Maxx HD!

    Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    There is no white razr maxx HD. The razr hd though does come in white.

    I'm happy to be wrong though. Just snap a picture of it while you're sitting on your unicorn and I'll gladly apologize.
    You are correct, it is the "DROID RAZR HD by Motorola in White". Thanks for the heads up! If this is the HD, then I I am glad I got the HD. Battery life is great and it is the perfect thickness.
    Motorola Droid Bionic 4g LTE - Motorola Xoom Tablet 4g LTE
    And yes, the SIM card from the Bionic works great in the Xoom!
    Thanked by:
    Who? 
    Who? likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Loving my "new to me" Razr Maxx HD!

    There's no "new" RAZR that is not HD.

    So.....this it? :beer::beer:

    Loving my "new to me" Razr Maxx HD!-uploadfromtaptalk1354916061001.jpg

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Loving my "new to me" Razr Maxx HD!

    It's a nice phone. Enjoy!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Loving my "new to me" Razr Maxx HD!

    Quote Originally Posted by pblakk View Post
    There's no "new" RAZR that is not HD.

    So.....this it? :beer::beer:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1354916061001.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	50087

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
    Not sure what your point is. There was never an question of whether or not it was HD. I mistakenly thought I had bought a Razr Maxx HD, when in fact what I had bought was a Razr HD. No biggie though, I have already rooted it and I am loving this phone. The funny thing is that the Cruzerlite TPU case that I bought is made for the Razr Maxx HD, but fits the Razr HD perfectly. Just a slightly larger lip at the bottom edge.

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Motorola Droid Bionic 4g LTE - Motorola Xoom Tablet 4g LTE
    And yes, the SIM card from the Bionic works great in the Xoom!
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Loving my "new to me" Razr Maxx HD!

    Quote Originally Posted by freeky1 View Post
    Not sure what your point is. There was never an question of whether or not it was HD. I mistakenly thought I had bought a Razr Maxx HD, when in fact what I had bought was a Razr HD. No biggie though, I have already rooted it and I am loving this phone. The funny thing is that the Cruzerlite TPU case that I bought is made for the Razr Maxx HD, but fits the Razr HD perfectly. Just a slightly larger lip at the bottom edge.

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah, there's a separate forum for you lowlifes. (Hey! Where are the smileys?)

    All kidding aside, you illustrate a question I have: why are there separate forums here for the RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD? They're identical in most respects and 99% of the questions about one would be of interest to owners of the other. It's a pain to have to monitor both forums. It's been a while, so I'm off to go slumming.
    Who? and ajc312 like this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Loving my "new to me" Razr Maxx HD!

    I hate my Motorola Android Razrz Maxx HD....well thats what I thought I purchased. When I got into the thing I discovered that that is not what it really is. It's walking advertisement for GOOGLE. I hate that. I will not buy anything from GOOGLE. Don't want to ever. I don't unterstand why I can't trash all the GOOGLE stuff and be able to go to the www when I want to with whatever search engine I want to. Why does the GOOGLE search bar have to be on almost all pages all the time? Why do I have to have the empty heads to the left of the people list and the texting history? I will never put pics there. I am not so dumb that I need a reminder of what people look like when I call/text/get a call from them. Why force us to look at those empty heads. Motorola says that I have to live with it or pay them big bucks to get of the new contract. Google told me today about the same thing. All I want is the ability to change the way the screens look. Get rid of the GOOGLE search bar. Get rid of the empty heads in the listings. Get rid of the apps that I will never use. Take the bright white background off of the people listing so I can read them better. I hate my Motorola Android GOOGLE phone.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Loving my "new to me" Razr Maxx HD!

    Quote Originally Posted by RDMKaty View Post
    I hate my Motorola Android Razrz Maxx HD....well thats what I thought I purchased. When I got into the thing I discovered that that is not what it really is. It's walking advertisement for GOOGLE. I hate that. I will not buy anything from GOOGLE. Don't want to ever. I don't unterstand why I can't trash all the GOOGLE stuff and be able to go to the www when I want to with whatever search engine I want to. Why does the GOOGLE search bar have to be on almost all pages all the time? Why do I have to have the empty heads to the left of the people list and the texting history? I will never put pics there. I am not so dumb that I need a reminder of what people look like when I call/text/get a call from them. Why force us to look at those empty heads. Motorola says that I have to live with it or pay them big bucks to get of the new contract. Google told me today about the same thing. All I want is the ability to change the way the screens look. Get rid of the GOOGLE search bar. Get rid of the empty heads in the listings. Get rid of the apps that I will never use. Take the bright white background off of the people listing so I can read them better. I hate my Motorola Android GOOGLE phone.
    Uh, you do know that Android is a Google product, right? And that Motorola Mobility is part of Google?

    You basically choose an ecosystem when you buy a phone: Apple, Google or Microsoft. Or whatever RIM is these days. It's a huge plus for me that I can update a contact on my PC in gmail and have it on my phone by the time I pick it up. Yep, it's the Google Phone. It always was.
  10. #10  
    Who?'s Avatar

    Posts
    391 Posts
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

    Default Re: Loving my "new to me" Razr Maxx HD!

    Quote Originally Posted by RDMKaty View Post
    I hate my Motorola Android Razrz Maxx HD....well thats what I thought I purchased. When I got into the thing I discovered that that is not what it really is. It's walking advertisement for GOOGLE. I hate that. I will not buy anything from GOOGLE. Don't want to ever. I don't unterstand why I can't trash all the GOOGLE stuff and be able to go to the www when I want to with whatever search engine I want to. Why does the GOOGLE search bar have to be on almost all pages all the time? Why do I have to have the empty heads to the left of the people list and the texting history? I will never put pics there. I am not so dumb that I need a reminder of what people look like when I call/text/get a call from them. Why force us to look at those empty heads. Motorola says that I have to live with it or pay them big bucks to get of the new contract. Google told me today about the same thing. All I want is the ability to change the way the screens look. Get rid of the GOOGLE search bar. Get rid of the empty heads in the listings. Get rid of the apps that I will never use. Take the bright white background off of the people listing so I can read them better. I hate my Motorola Android GOOGLE phone.
    This is fantastic. I enjoy your satirical writing. Looking forward to more. If you could PM me when you next post in a forum I'd really appreciate it; don't worry, I won't let anyone in on the joke.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Loving my "new to me" Razr Maxx HD!

    It's strange that you buy a Google phone but you hate it. Why would you buy it ?
  12. #12  
    blackjaguar25's Avatar
    Thunderbolter

    Posts
    595 Posts
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: Loving my "new to me" Razr Maxx HD!

    And you can change everything you hate with apps. Why make an account here?
  13. #13  
    t0ked's Avatar

    Posts
    169 Posts
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts

    Default Re: Loving my "new to me" Razr Maxx HD!

    I hate my Mercedes Benz. I thought I was buying a car, but the second I sit in the damn thing, I'm bombarded by the blasted three-pointed star on the steering wheel. My navigation starts up and, yup, it says it right there, Mercedes Benz. The worst part is that when I drive the car, the ridiculous hood ornament is always in my field of view. I'm constantly reminded that I'm in my Mercedes Benz vehicle, and not just my vehicle. I will never buy another MB vehicle ever again. I'm sure Ford or BMW doesn't do this to their cars...
    Thanked by:
  14. #14  
    hancered's Avatar

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

    Default Re: Loving my "new to me" Razr Maxx HD!

    Quote Originally Posted by t0ked View Post
    I hate my Mercedes Benz. I thought I was buying a car, but the second I sit in the damn thing, I'm bombarded by the blasted three-pointed star on the steering wheel. My navigation starts up and, yup, it says it right there, Mercedes Benz. The worst part is that when I drive the car, the ridiculous hood ornament is always in my field of view. I'm constantly reminded that I'm in my Mercedes Benz vehicle, and not just my vehicle. I will never buy another MB vehicle ever again. I'm sure Ford or BMW doesn't do this to their cars...
    ROFL
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Loving my "new to me" Razr Maxx HD!

    Quote Originally Posted by t0ked View Post
    I hate my Mercedes Benz. I thought I was buying a car, but the second I sit in the damn thing, I'm bombarded by the blasted three-pointed star on the steering wheel. My navigation starts up and, yup, it says it right there, Mercedes Benz. The worst part is that when I drive the car, the ridiculous hood ornament is always in my field of view. I'm constantly reminded that I'm in my Mercedes Benz vehicle, and not just my vehicle. I will never buy another MB vehicle ever again. I'm sure Ford or BMW doesn't do this to their cars...
    Your joke doesn't really make sense. Android and especially 4.xx do a lot more than show you a logo, and I think you know that. You're pushed to sign up for various other Google services in order to make full use of the phone (for example, Google Now does very little if you don't use Google Calendar). It obviously doesn't bother a lot of people, and that's fine, but you're not making a legit critique of his post.

    It's perfectly valid to compare the various ecosystems and make a judgement about which ecosystem pushes you more strongly toward specific services offered by that company. I've never owned an iPhone, Windows Phone, or Blackberry, so I can't say which ecosystem is the most pushy in that way, but it's a worthwhile thing to compare and consider.
    Thanked by:
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Loving my "new to me" Razr Maxx HD!

    Wah wah wah. Go buy an iPhone and suck your thumb some more. Oh wait , you'd probably hate everything about that as well so why bother. Everybody knows that droid phone are run by Google. Everybody but you apparently. A little research probably would've saved you the aggravation
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Loving my "new to me" Razr Maxx HD!

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo1n2 View Post
    Wah wah wah. Go buy an iPhone and suck your thumb some more. Oh wait , you'd probably hate everything about that as well so why bother. Everybody knows that droid phone are run by Google. Everybody but you apparently. A little research probably would've saved you the aggravation

    It's possible to like something and still be critical of certain aspects of it.
    met.watts likes this.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Loving my "new to me" Razr Maxx HD!

    Quote Originally Posted by RDMKaty View Post
    I hate my Motorola Android Razrz Maxx HD....well thats what I thought I purchased. When I got into the thing I discovered that that is not what it really is. It's walking advertisement for GOOGLE. I hate that. I will not buy anything from GOOGLE. Don't want to ever. I don't unterstand why I can't trash all the GOOGLE stuff and be able to go to the www when I want to with whatever search engine I want to. Why does the GOOGLE search bar have to be on almost all pages all the time? Why do I have to have the empty heads to the left of the people list and the texting history? I will never put pics there. I am not so dumb that I need a reminder of what people look like when I call/text/get a call from them. Why force us to look at those empty heads. Motorola says that I have to live with it or pay them big bucks to get of the new contract. Google told me today about the same thing. All I want is the ability to change the way the screens look. Get rid of the GOOGLE search bar. Get rid of the empty heads in the listings. Get rid of the apps that I will never use. Take the bright white background off of the people listing so I can read them better. I hate my Motorola Android GOOGLE phone.
    Whine, whine, whine....

    Get a launcher and call it a day......
  19. #19  
    katesbb's Avatar

    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    868 Global Posts

    Default Re: Loving my "new to me" Razr Maxx HD!

    Quote Originally Posted by tech_head View Post
    Whine, whine, whine....

    Get a launcher and call it a day......
    Exactly! This is my very first Android, and yet within a day or two I had Apex Launcher going which got rid of that Search Bar, and was using Chomp as my texting app to make things a little prettier

    I'm not sure if that poster realized they could change pretty much anything they didn't like about the "stock" look of their phone. Ashame.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Loving my "new to me" Razr Maxx HD!

    Quote Originally Posted by katesbb View Post
    Exactly! This is my very first Android, and yet within a day or two I had Apex Launcher going which got rid of that Search Bar, and was using Chomp as my texting app to make things a little prettier

    I'm not sure if that poster realized they could change pretty much anything they didn't like about the "stock" look of their phone. Ashame.
    Way to flame someone for a 4-month old post and also use "Ashame" as if it's a word.
  21. #21  
    katesbb's Avatar

    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    868 Global Posts

    Default Re: Loving my "new to me" Razr Maxx HD!

    Quote Originally Posted by Megaroad View Post
    Way to flame someone for a 4-month old post and also use "Ashame" as if it's a word.
    Hello? Not flaming anyone. I do think it's... unfortunate... that they didn't realize they could customize those things, and thus are missing out on it's cooler features. I'm not suggesting they're dumb, but rather pointing out that if I could do it, most others can as well. I wanted to be clear that you don't need to be a techie to do those things.

    Apologies if I came off as condescending to anyone, that certainly wasn't my intention.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Loving my "new to me" Razr Maxx HD!

    Quote Originally Posted by katesbb View Post
    Hello? Not flaming anyone. I do think it's... unfortunate... that they didn't realize they could customize those things, and thus are missing out on it's cooler features. I'm not suggesting they're dumb, but rather pointing out that if I could do it, most others can as well. I wanted to be clear that you don't need to be a techie to do those things.

    Apologies if I came off as condescending to anyone, that certainly wasn't my intention.
    Oh sorry. You were quoting the guy who said "whine whine whine" so I was thinking you intended to be similarly hostile. My bad.

    I will say though, that I don't think the guy was only complaining about stuff that could be easily removed via a launcher. Using a launcher, or even a custom ROM for that matter, doesn't change the fact that the phone requires you to have a gmail address, has Google Now built in as a core feature, and various other things. I'm not saying that's a horrible awful thing, but I can see wishing the platform were more neutral in terms of the services it leverages. Of course, I think Apple does similar stuff with iTunes (not too familiar with iPhones and stuff).
  23. #23  
    katesbb's Avatar

    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    868 Global Posts

    Default Re: Loving my "new to me" Razr Maxx HD!

    Quote Originally Posted by Megaroad View Post
    Oh sorry. You were quoting the guy who said "whine whine whine" so I was thinking you intended to be similarly hostile. My bad.

    I will say though, that I don't think the guy was only complaining about stuff that could be easily removed via a launcher. Using a launcher, or even a custom ROM for that matter, doesn't change the fact that the phone requires you to have a gmail address, has Google Now built in as a core feature, and various other things. I'm not saying that's a horrible awful thing, but I can see wishing the platform were more neutral in terms of the services it leverages. Of course, I think Apple does similar stuff with iTunes (not too familiar with iPhones and stuff).
    LOL so true, I probably should have left the "whine whine" part out of the quote I just read the part about, "All I want is the ability to change the way the screens look. Get rid of the GOOGLE search bar. Get rid of the empty heads in the listings..." and thought, "Wow, me too! That's the first I thing I changed! Too bad they didn't realize they could do it too, since it's pretty easy once you know how."

    And sure, if someone didn't realize that Google = Android, it would be a bit of a shock to see all the Goolge stuff everywhere. But is any phone neutral? Apple begs for an Apple ID for iTunes, Google wants your Gmail, BlackBerry wants your BlackBerry ID, etc. You pretty much have to sell your soul to SOMEone, lol...
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Loving my "new to me" Razr Maxx HD!

    Quote Originally Posted by katesbb View Post
    LOL so true, I probably should have left the "whine whine" part out of the quote I just read the part about, "All I want is the ability to change the way the screens look. Get rid of the GOOGLE search bar. Get rid of the empty heads in the listings..." and thought, "Wow, me too! That's the first I thing I changed! Too bad they didn't realize they could do it too, since it's pretty easy once you know how."

    And sure, if someone didn't realize that Google = Android, it would be a bit of a shock to see all the Goolge stuff everywhere. But is any phone neutral? Apple begs for an Apple ID for iTunes, Google wants your Gmail, BlackBerry wants your BlackBerry ID, etc. You pretty much have to sell your soul to SOMEone, lol...
    I don't disagree, but I think Google has more mandatory or semi-mandatory interdependent services than anyone else.

Similar Threads

  1. Going to buy a Razr Maxx
    By ghostkilla1388 in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-03-2012, 10:09 AM
  2. Link to Official VZW Razr Maxx Release 1/26/12
    By Coleus in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-26-2012, 01:06 AM
  3. Why is my phone talking to me?
    By Charmed Juan in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-27-2011, 01:04 PM
  4. New (to me) X
    By enb123 in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-14-2011, 09:30 AM
  5. So Sense is still new to me...
    By Effenhimer in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2011, 01:02 AM

Posting Permissions