Loving my "new to me" Razr Maxx HD!

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I was fortunate enough to find someone on Craigslist selling a white Droid Razr Mazz HD for $350. I bought it and sold my Droid Razr Maxx for $300, so I am only out $50 on the upgrade, and man what an upgrade it is. The best part is that I get to hold onto my unlimited data plan. I may never buy another subsidized phone again.

As far as the phone goes, I can't believe how much better this phone runs than my old phone. What a difference that extra 0.4 inches makes. I just woke up this morning to the Jelly Bean upgrade, so now both of my devices (Droid Razr Maxx HD and 4G Xoom) are rocking the same OS.

I picked up the Cruzerlite Androidified TPU case, and it is like a second skin.

I hope everyone else is loving this phone as much as I am. I usually do not get this excited about a device, but when I see the look on my friends faces who own the Samsung Galaxy S III, I can tell that they know that this is a much nicer device.

Sorry to ramble on.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
There is no white razr maxx HD. The razr hd though does come in white.

I'm happy to be wrong though. Just snap a picture of it while you're sitting on your unicorn and I'll gladly apologize.

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
There is no white razr maxx HD. The razr hd though does come in white.

I'm happy to be wrong though. Just snap a picture of it while you're sitting on your unicorn and I'll gladly apologize.

You are correct, it is the "DROID RAZR HD by Motorola in White". Thanks for the heads up! If this is the HD, then I I am glad I got the HD. Battery life is great and it is the perfect thickness.

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
There's no "new" RAZR that is not HD.

So.....this it? :beer::beer:

View attachment 50087

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Not sure what your point is. There was never an question of whether or not it was HD. I mistakenly thought I had bought a Razr Maxx HD, when in fact what I had bought was a Razr HD. No biggie though, I have already rooted it and I am loving this phone. The funny thing is that the Cruzerlite TPU case that I bought is made for the Razr Maxx HD, but fits the Razr HD perfectly. Just a slightly larger lip at the bottom edge.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what your point is. There was never an question of whether or not it was HD. I mistakenly thought I had bought a Razr Maxx HD, when in fact what I had bought was a Razr HD. No biggie though, I have already rooted it and I am loving this phone. The funny thing is that the Cruzerlite TPU case that I bought is made for the Razr Maxx HD, but fits the Razr HD perfectly. Just a slightly larger lip at the bottom edge.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
Yeah, there's a separate forum for you lowlifes. (Hey! Where are the smileys?)

All kidding aside, you illustrate a question I have: why are there separate forums here for the RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD? They're identical in most respects and 99% of the questions about one would be of interest to owners of the other. It's a pain to have to monitor both forums. It's been a while, so I'm off to go slumming.

RDMKaty

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I hate my Motorola Android Razrz Maxx HD....well thats what I thought I purchased. When I got into the thing I discovered that that is not what it really is. It's walking advertisement for GOOGLE. I hate that. I will not buy anything from GOOGLE. Don't want to ever. I don't unterstand why I can't trash all the GOOGLE stuff and be able to go to the www when I want to with whatever search engine I want to. Why does the GOOGLE search bar have to be on almost all pages all the time? Why do I have to have the empty heads to the left of the people list and the texting history? I will never put pics there. I am not so dumb that I need a reminder of what people look like when I call/text/get a call from them. Why force us to look at those empty heads. Motorola says that I have to live with it or pay them big bucks to get of the new contract. Google told me today about the same thing. All I want is the ability to change the way the screens look. Get rid of the GOOGLE search bar. Get rid of the empty heads in the listings. Get rid of the apps that I will never use. Take the bright white background off of the people listing so I can read them better. I hate my Motorola Android GOOGLE phone.

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I hate my Motorola Android Razrz Maxx HD....well thats what I thought I purchased. When I got into the thing I discovered that that is not what it really is. It's walking advertisement for GOOGLE. I hate that. I will not buy anything from GOOGLE. Don't want to ever. I don't unterstand why I can't trash all the GOOGLE stuff and be able to go to the www when I want to with whatever search engine I want to. Why does the GOOGLE search bar have to be on almost all pages all the time? Why do I have to have the empty heads to the left of the people list and the texting history? I will never put pics there. I am not so dumb that I need a reminder of what people look like when I call/text/get a call from them. Why force us to look at those empty heads. Motorola says that I have to live with it or pay them big bucks to get of the new contract. Google told me today about the same thing. All I want is the ability to change the way the screens look. Get rid of the GOOGLE search bar. Get rid of the empty heads in the listings. Get rid of the apps that I will never use. Take the bright white background off of the people listing so I can read them better. I hate my Motorola Android GOOGLE phone.
Uh, you do know that Android is a Google product, right? And that Motorola Mobility is part of Google?

You basically choose an ecosystem when you buy a phone: Apple, Google or Microsoft. Or whatever RIM is these days. It's a huge plus for me that I can update a contact on my PC in gmail and have it on my phone by the time I pick it up. Yep, it's the Google Phone. It always was.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

This is fantastic. I enjoy your satirical writing. Looking forward to more. If you could PM me when you next post in a forum I'd really appreciate it; don't worry, I won't let anyone in on the joke.

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I hate my Mercedes Benz. I thought I was buying a car, but the second I sit in the damn thing, I'm bombarded by the blasted three-pointed star on the steering wheel. My navigation starts up and, yup, it says it right there, Mercedes Benz. The worst part is that when I drive the car, the ridiculous hood ornament is always in my field of view. I'm constantly reminded that I'm in my Mercedes Benz vehicle, and not just my vehicle. I will never buy another MB vehicle ever again. I'm sure Ford or BMW doesn't do this to their cars...

hancered

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I hate my Mercedes Benz. I thought I was buying a car, but the second I sit in the damn thing, I'm bombarded by the blasted three-pointed star on the steering wheel. My navigation starts up and, yup, it says it right there, Mercedes Benz. The worst part is that when I drive the car, the ridiculous hood ornament is always in my field of view. I'm constantly reminded that I'm in my Mercedes Benz vehicle, and not just my vehicle. I will never buy another MB vehicle ever again. I'm sure Ford or BMW doesn't do this to their cars...

ROFL

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

Your joke doesn't really make sense. Android and especially 4.xx do a lot more than show you a logo, and I think you know that. You're pushed to sign up for various other Google services in order to make full use of the phone (for example, Google Now does very little if you don't use Google Calendar). It obviously doesn't bother a lot of people, and that's fine, but you're not making a legit critique of his post.

It's perfectly valid to compare the various ecosystems and make a judgement about which ecosystem pushes you more strongly toward specific services offered by that company. I've never owned an iPhone, Windows Phone, or Blackberry, so I can't say which ecosystem is the most pushy in that way, but it's a worthwhile thing to compare and consider.

jojo1n2

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Wah wah wah. Go buy an iPhone and suck your thumb some more. Oh wait , you'd probably hate everything about that as well so why bother. Everybody knows that droid phone are run by Google. Everybody but you apparently. A little research probably would've saved you the aggravation

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Wah wah wah. Go buy an iPhone and suck your thumb some more. Oh wait , you'd probably hate everything about that as well so why bother. Everybody knows that droid phone are run by Google. Everybody but you apparently. A little research probably would've saved you the aggravation

It's possible to like something and still be critical of certain aspects of it.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site

Whine, whine, whine....

Get a launcher and call it a day......

katesbb

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Whine, whine, whine....

Get a launcher and call it a day......

Exactly! This is my very first Android, and yet within a day or two I had Apex Launcher going which got rid of that Search Bar, and was using Chomp as my texting app to make things a little prettier ;)

I'm not sure if that poster realized they could change pretty much anything they didn't like about the "stock" look of their phone. Ashame.

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Exactly! This is my very first Android, and yet within a day or two I had Apex Launcher going which got rid of that Search Bar, and was using Chomp as my texting app to make things a little prettier ;)

I'm not sure if that poster realized they could change pretty much anything they didn't like about the "stock" look of their phone. Ashame.

Way to flame someone for a 4-month old post and also use "Ashame" as if it's a word.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam