Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Amazon App Store on JB?

I pulled the JB update via OTA last night (loving it overall).

But I noticed when I went to use one of the apps I downloaded from the Amazon Appstore, I got a message that I had to log in to the Appstore. Then when I go to launch the Appstore, it won't open.

Any ideas on this one? I'm assuming it's tied to the Amazon suite being added as part of the update.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, Rooted

Default Re: Amazon App Store on JB?

Noticed the same. I was able to got to accounts in the settings menu and add an Amazon account. That allowed the App Store to run and apps from the App Store to function. Worth a shot.

The app store has been somewhat flaky on jellybean for me. Thankfully my login survives clear data, which is what I've had to do to clear up crashing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

The Amazon Appstore App has an issue with JB. You can either uninstall/reinstall it to fix it or some users have reported clearing the app cache also works. Once it is working again, you will see a remarkable speed difference in the operation of that particular app.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by ianArgent View Post
    The app store has been somewhat flaky on jellybean for me. Thankfully my login survives clear data, which is what I've had to do to clear up crashing.

Ditto this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by ianArgent View Post

A few days later and that's what is happening to me now.

I initially removed the app and downloaded the apk agian - which seemed to correct it, but it started crashing again. At this point what seems to work is clearing the cache and then I can launch the app. But I have to do that pretty much anytime I try to open the app.

It lloks like Amazon was already added as an account to my device (I do also use the Amazon shopping, Kindle and Amazon MP3 apps).

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

At least you can just clear the cache to get it to work. I have to restart my phone. I've tried to re-install the app a few times and also remove amazon account but it still stops working after some time. Oh well...

Just started happening on my JB Goog Samsung Galaxy Nexus about an hour ago. Reboot, no joy. Clear Cache, no joy. Clear Data and reenter login data, JOY!!!