Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Default Jelly Bean OTA won't install

Rooted, on system version 0.7.2. (un-rooted per OTA Rootkeeper for purposes of update).

The OTA downloads without any issues. When trying to install, the bar fills up roughly a quarter of the way and then the android guy is on his back with the red exclamation point. From there the phone restarts and I get a window that says the system update failed. I've tried 6 or 7 times, and have even done a couple factory resets. I can't figure out what the issue is.

Any suggestions?

Default Re: Jelly Bean OTA won't install

Been fighting with the same issue all day. Thought factory reset would fix but didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by donzi2k View Post
    Been fighting with the same issue all day. Thought factory reset would fix but didn't.
    damn I hope mine works after resetting phone. i tried everything else.

Edit: nope that didnt work
    Last edited by galpdawg; 12-06-2012 at 04:03 PM.

ROM
    Stock

are you guys by any chance using safestrap, or are you rooted, and have removed what some call the "bloatware" i,.e. the extra apps that get installed? If using safestrap, you may need to remove it. If you removed, froze, deleted bloatware, you need to put it back.

had to revert to this: for those who cant update to jb try this DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10 [Windows] - xda-developers. DL the utility and follow instructions I had to revert to stock and start over with fresh root then temp unroot with voodoo.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

I had that same problem - because I updated apps in the system because I was rooted. I had to reflash the old OS, root the phone, preserve the root, and allow the system to do two updates - the incremental one that came out a couple weeks ago, and then JB. It's a pain, but it's the only way to get to JB.

I did back up all my apps via Titanium BU and so the reinstall on JB was easy as anything.

^^Sorry, still learning about flashing and all that, could you be a little more detailed with what you did? Or provide a link to somewhere that does? I have the same problem and it's driving me insane.