wipe cache with Jelly bean???

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
I just updated to jelly bean and tried to wipe the cache the same way on the ICS; turn off, hold power and both volume, etc. When I did this, it got to the screen with the green android and a triangle with the exclamation point in the middle and pressing both volume buttons at the same time did nothing, HELP...

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
72 views in a short time and no one knows???? seems like there are many people who want to know. I searched google and cant find the answer

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I just updated to jelly bean and tried to wipe the cache the same way on the ICS; turn off, hold power and both volume, etc. When I did this, it got to the screen with the green android and a triangle with the exclamation point in the middle and pressing both volume buttons at the same time did nothing, HELP...

I had to hold down both volume buttons for a second or two, rather than just tapping them, and then it brought up the menu with the different recovery options.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
What exactly does wiping the cache do and when is it necessary?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

rob_800

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I have this same problem with mine. Talked with VZW twice about this. My new phone should be in on Tuesday.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
I have this same problem with mine. Talked with VZW twice about this. My new phone should be in on Tuesday.

What problem are you having?

- - - Updated - - -

To wipe the cached you follow the same as the maxx except of holding down the volume up and down, you have to rock them back and forth about 10 times

rob_800

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
What problem are you having?

- - - Updated - - -

To wipe the cached you follow the same as the maxx except of holding down the volume up and down, you have to rock them back and forth about 10 times

I can get the phone to go into recovery menu with Lloyd laying down. At that point phone will not go to the next menu. I've tried hold both vol up/dn at same time, rocking vol up/dn and it will not go to the next menu.

I was trying to clear cache to see if some glitches after JB update would clear.

zackh123

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Branching off BLG23's question, can someone please explain what problems wiping the cache will solve? Or what it will enhance?

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, I was finally successful at wiping the cache. A pretty touchy process. Time will tell if there was any benefit. Thanks.

Got2buzz

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Just download es task manager u can wipe catches right from there

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Could you please tell me where I can find the app in "Google Play"? Tried looking in "Tools" top paid/top free, but perhaps I missed it.(?)
Thanks to all who take time to post/reply!

RoskoPeeko

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi could you tell me what you did to complete this? My phone (One X) won't go anywhere from the triangle/droid laying down screen regardless of what combination of volume presses I do... Since my latest Android update my wifi is a nightmare and HTC told me to clear the cache partition but i'm having no joy at all through the method they told me (as described by many here). Thanks