Any former 4s users rolling with Maxx HD?

jebulls

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Am on the fence about trying Maxx HD. Tried DX awhile back and at the time it wasn't for me. Actually the thing that annoyed me the most is I couldn't silence the ringer in my pocket when a text message ring would go off. I have a true ringtone for texts for when I am around loud equipment for work so at times I need a longer ringer! Anyways have had 4s for a year and i am kinda bored with iOS and the larger screen and larger battery I am intrigued! The biggest thing I am on the fence about is the music. I like having my iPod on my phone! I like being about to purchase music from my phone and sync it to everything else. I also like being about to create new playlists from library right on the phone. Just curious what other people in my situation did and if there are alternatives? One thing I don't like about 4s is when typing fast at times it will skip letters for example i get te all the time when typing the! Curious if typing is better on Maxx. Any pros and cons would be great! I know with out trying phone myself I won't know for sure. I would just like to hear what others think before giving it a test run!!

jjdustr340

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Am on the fence about trying Maxx HD. Tried DX awhile back and at the time it wasn't for me. Actually the thing that annoyed me the most is I couldn't silence the ringer in my pocket when a text message ring would go off. I have a true ringtone for texts for when I am around loud equipment for work so at times I need a longer ringer! Anyways have had 4s for a year and i am kinda bored with iOS and the larger screen and larger battery I am intrigued! The biggest thing I am on the fence about is the music. I like having my iPod on my phone! I like being about to purchase music from my phone and sync it to everything else. I also like being about to create new playlists from library right on the phone. Just curious what other people in my situation did and if there are alternatives? One thing I don't like about 4s is when typing fast at times it will skip letters for example i get te all the time when typing the! Curious if typing is better on Maxx. Any pros and cons would be great! I know with out trying phone myself I won't know for sure. I would just like to hear what others think before giving it a test run!!
I just made the switch from iOS to Android myself,coming from a 2 year run in the iPhone 4. I've only had the Maxx
HD for about 2 weeks so far and here's my honest perspective......

Android doesn't seem as easy to navigate so far compared to iOS. Maybe because there's more functions and settings you have control over, or maybe its just the layout, I can't quite put my finger on it.
The increase in screen size is awesome. I really wasn't sure I'd like the size of the Maxx, but thus far I'm loving it. Much better than the iPhone 4.
Speed wise, the Maxx blows my 4 out of the water. Internet, apps, everything just seems to run faster.
The battery life is a no contest. The Maxx battery is mind blowing. I've gotten two full days without charge of the same type of use that would kill the 4, and still had 51% battery left!
The signal of the Maxx is much better than the 4 as well. I'm picking up 3g or 4g signal in places my 4 would have no bars at all.
I much prefer the ability to put my music on a memory card as opposed to having to always sync with iTunes.

Those are just a few things I've noticed thus far. Hope that helps.

SamsungSteve

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have both a Droid Razr Maxx HD and an iPhone 4S. I inherited my mom's VZW account and changed the phone to the Droid and wont give up on AT&T because I have unlimited data both domestic and international and I travel for work. I see why many people prefer Android as it can occupy your time just tweaking it and trying new skins because of its ability to be customized. As far as day to day livability, I give iPhone points as it just always works with little fuss or muss and it is somewhat more intuitive to use especially for novice users. The power of simplicity speaks volumes for many people I come in contact with that have trouble navigating their various android devices.

For those that need powerful computing capabilities yet ease of use the nod goes to the iPhone. For those advanced users who want to customize things with widgets and aps running on their homescreen? Droid devices win hands down.

I have my music on my Droid and it syncs just fine with my AppleTV and with the app called airsync I get my playlists from iTunes onto the droid no problem.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm not trying to come off as a jerk but in my eyes, the iPhone is KISS (keep it simple stupid) smartphone. It is designed to be used by someone with little knowledge of technology which is why it is so popular, you can't mess anything up. I don't customize with skins or mods on my Maxx HD bc I like the stock appearance and functions but little things like widgets are why I like android.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
" It is designed to be used by someone with little knowledge of technology which is why it is so popular, you can't mess anything up." Are you kidding me? The iPhone is designed to function on a daily basis with no glitches or hiccups, and give a satisfying experience to the user. To quote other IOS users, "it just works". Unlike Android, which can be glitchy and laggy at times, even with Jelly Bean. And no, I am not an iSheep, as I have a 4S and a Razr HD, and enjoy both of them. BTW, I am not "someone with little knowledge of technology". If you want a phone with great battery life, probably the best keyboard on a phone, reliable updates for several years, and you don't need to tinker, get the iPhone. The fastest phone out there right now is the iPhone 5, according to tests that I have read. If you like customization, widgets, getting into your files, etc., then Android is for you. But by all means, get what works best for you, irregardless of what anyone else says. They are both great platforms.

elvis692

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Really pappy53? The iphone has the best keyboard? When did it get swift key?? I have both the iphone (free from work) and the maxxhd (my dime). The iphone keyboard feels ancient! A decent boring phone overall though.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
ere's one of your quotes that's definitely backtracking LOL. --> "The iPhone is designed to function on a daily basis with no glitches or hiccups, and give a satisfying experience to the user."

Okay, I'll change it to hardly any glitches or hiccups. Happy?
Really pappy53? The iphone has the best keyboard? When did it get swift key?? I have both the iphone (free from work) and the maxxhd (my dime). The iphone keyboard feels ancient! A decent boring phone overall though.

Yes, the best keyboard, IMHO. It is a decent overall phone that "just works". But, as I stated, Jelly Bean and even ICS have greatly improved the Android experience. I just got a Razr HD, and I love it. But I am also keeping my 4S. Both are great phones.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
After a 2 year run with the iPhone 4 and switching to the RMHD about a month ago, here's my opinion...........

The battery on the Maxx is far superior. In fact, I have a hard time getting it to drop below 50%. I love the fact that I can leave all the extras on (Bluetooth, GPS, wifi, etc) without worrying about killing the battery. I had to carefully manage the system settings on my iPhone to get through a full day without hitting the charger. As a point of reference, under what is my normal usage, I went 45 hours off the charger with the Maxx and only got the battery down to 40%.

I have used my phone as an MP3 player as well for many years now. The head unit in my Jeep has built in Bluetooth and I always stream from my phone while driving. I've noticed that the stream from the Maxx is not only louder, but sounds much cleaner. I would get some occasional crackling with my iPhone. Everything sounds very crisp coming off the Maxx. I do miss the ability to dock my phone directly on the head unit though, as it had a built in 30 pin connector.

As for the radios, my Maxx CRUSHES my iPhone 4. I'm keeping a much better signal on the RMHD than I had on the iPhone. On a recent trip to a place I knew I loose all reception on the iPhone, I still had 2 bars of 4g signal. That's huge in my book.

Now the big one, the OS. Seeing how I also have an iPad, I miss the way that the iPhone and iPad worked together. The photo stream was a great feature. I find iOS a little more user friendly than Android. I'd consider myself more tech savvy than most, but I shouldn't have to think about how to make my phone do what I want. iOS was much more intuitive, in my opinion. It got even better after I was jail broken. Maybe it's because I'm still relatively new to Android, but I just don't find it as smooth or polished as iOS. Not that Android is bad, it's just different.

Just to be clear, I'm a fan of iOS and Apple products. In my house currently there is an iPhone 5, iPhone 4, two iPad 2's, and soon to be an iPad mini. When it was upgrade time, I decided I wanted something with a bigger screen than the iPhone 5 was offering, and thought I'd give Android a fair and honest shot. So far, I love the phone, and like Android.

If I could run iOS on the Razr Maxx Hd, it would be the most perfect phone in the world to me. That's my 2 cents. If there's anything else you'd like me to compare just ask. I have no problem giving you my honest opinion. Neither Apple nor Google are putting money in my wallet, so I have no loyalty to either of them. :)

Last edited:

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone is designed for all, kind of like the flip phone with big buttons and a call/end button. Yes, it is reliable most of the time but what phone isn't these days.

Last edited by a moderator:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Thread cleaned. If you dislike what is being said here so much that you have to personally insult others, or if you just dislike the thread in general, then don't post here. Simple.

Sent from my Nexus 4

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Thread cleaned. If you dislike what is being said here so much that you have to personally insult others, or if you just dislike the thread in general, then don't post here. Simple.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Haha, my comment gets attacked and then my reply post gets edited...thank you big brother.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Except the post I was replying to does still remain...oh well, back to the topic.

jhuntin

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I will be completely honest with you. The Iphone is a waste of money. Iphones don't even come close to the top of the line Android phones. The myth that android is hard to use and doesn't run properly is just that, a myth. All of the people who switched to Iphones from Androids because their phones kept forcing them to pop the battery are idiots. The bad knocks android sometimes gets is unwarranted. Instead of saying Android sucks and It always forces me to reboot. They should just say that they are to stupid and or lazy to take 3 seconds out of their day and fix what ever they did to their phone to cause the problem. I know that all fan boys out there are screaming at the top of their lungs, " With my Iphone all you have to do is turn it on and it works. The only problem with that is that the Iphone is a lousy phone. Comparing an Iphone with a top of the line Android is like comparing a crop duster with a fighter jet. With the Iphone you have a phone that lets you get on the internet. With an android you have a computer that lets you make phone calls. There is nothing an Iphone does better than an android and I have used an Iphone enough to be able to make that distinction. I don't hate Apple at all. They make a lot of great products, but phones aren't one of them.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I get a real kick out of the rugged individualists that stand in line to get the latest iPhone so they can have the exact same phone with the exact capabilities as 50 million other people with iPhones!

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes. And I am one of those jerks. :) But after purchasing an iPhone 5 I am now bored to tears with it. I spend most of my time staring at, playing with, and using my Nexus 4.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
so they can have the exact same phone with the exact capabilities as 50 million other people with iPhones!

What about the ones who have the exact same phone with the exact capabilities as 100 million other people with S3's?
Just asking, if we're using sales as a reason to hate on a phone or its owners.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
What about the ones who have the exact same phone with the exact capabilities as 100 million other people with S3's?
Just asking, if we're using sales as a reason to hate on a phone or its owners.

I'm not using sales as the reason, I'm using the fact that almost all iPhone's home screen have the same appearance, a grid of square icons, and the fact that since there is only one manufacturer the hardware all looks and feels the same and are used the same exact way. Put another way, there are more Android phone manufacturers and the Android system is much more customizable.

SamsungSteve

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I think both devices or should I say operating systems are good...different but good and that there are enough people in the world for both to survive and thrive. It is like everything else, personal preference. I happen to think the simplicity and consistency of the iPhone OS is an easier system to navigate and certainly more consistent from device to device since the system is essentially the same from phone to tablet to iPod.

I can't tell you how many people I see with an Android phone and iPad tablet...rarely the other way around though. I find myself looking for things on the Droid that mimic the iPhone in function and that is a testament to iOS. What I would like in iOS is the customization of the screens and widgets like I have on my Droid without having to jailbreak the device, but it is not a deal breaker for me. I still think iOS is better and more streamlined and my choice when it comes to phones.