1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Default Google Maps problem after JB update

My JB update installed overnight and an issue has popped up in Google Maps. I sent a bug report in, but am interested to find out if anyone else is having this problem. When I go to "Get Directions" and try to enter the "End Point" by speaking, the entry appears in the End point box only momentarily and then completely disappears, waiting for input again. If I type the "end point" into the box, everything works as it always did. Before JB the spoken entry worked fine. I've repowered the phone, and that made no difference. Anyone else seeing this or have a cure for it? Phone is completely stock, not rooted.

Default Re: Google Maps problem after JB update

Quote Originally Posted by edistopre View Post
    My JB update installed overnight and an issue has popped up in Google Maps. I sent a bug report in, but am interested to find out if anyone else is having this problem. When I go to "Get Directions" and try to enter the "End Point" by speaking, the entry appears in the End point box only momentarily and then completely disappears, waiting for input again. If I type the "end point" into the box, everything works as it always did. Before JB the spoken entry worked fine. I've repowered the phone, and that made no difference. Anyone else seeing this or have a cure for it? Phone is completely stock, not rooted.
    Works fine for me. What happens if you try it by just tapping the microphone in the Google Now box and saying "Navigate to xyz"? That's the way I normally do it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whoover View Post
    Works fine for me. What happens if you try it by just tapping the microphone in the Google Now box and saying "Navigate to xyz"? That's the way I normally do it.
    Thanks; that does work. It's not the way that I like when I want to get a quick list of directions to somewhere, but at least it is somewhat of a workaround for using the maps program. Are you saying that your maps program is working correctly if you try it the way I described?

Quote Originally Posted by edistopre View Post
    Thanks; that does work. It's not the way that I like when I want to get a quick list of directions to somewhere, but at least it is somewhat of a workaround for using the maps program. Are you saying that your maps program is working correctly if you try it the way I described?
    Yes. It works both ways for me.