Ford Bluetooth music skipping tracks with Jellybean

lowboydrvr

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
After reading these posts about an upgrade to MySync, I also went online and ordered the SD card (for navigation). I ordered it on Friday and it arrived on Monday. I then downloaded the software update to a USB drive and then spent the next 50 minutes letting the system update (to 3.5.1). After software update was completed, inserted new SD card (A4), and the navigation came on as well. So far, everything seems to be running smooth.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Interesting....I presume the songs have MP3 tags and you've pressed the "Text" button on the radio?

Everything was working fine, but sure why not showing now. I will occasionally get a songs info to display, not sure why or how. But it doesn't update after that. Has me scratching my head as all other functions work. I'll look for a text button, but don't recall that as button on the radio.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

mike.s

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
ARgh the problem is back! Yesterday I could not play any music at all thru bluetooth. Ford sync could see my phone and was connected for phone calls but not for music. I tried everything. Then I did a master reset for sync and that got the music playing but now it skips again! So frustrating. I tried to reflash the update and it says I still have the latest sync update.

One thing I've noticed is that it only skips for music playing thru the internet. So Pandora, Rhapsody, etcc skip, but when I play music that's stored on my phone, it doesn't skip. It will skip when using the stock music player if I play my music that is stored on Google's music cloud.

Astrid Ovalles

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I have had the same problem for the past week. It's really annoying, I have tried doing a master reset twice and nothing. It's not a problem with the phone because as soon as I disconnect the bluetooth it plays normally.

lowboydrvr

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Does your vehicle support the "Applink" part of MySync which allows playing Pandora (and others) through the system or are you running the Pandora app and playing it through the bluetooth input option?

mike.s

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I have the navigation, so it does not support Applink. I'm running he Pandora app on my phone. It happens with rhapsody and the stock music player when playing music from the cloud.

jhadad

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Did anybody get any resolution on this? I came across this searching on my issue as my original Razr Maxx just got updated to Jelly Bean (4.1.2, not 4.2 as the HD).
I have a 2013 explorer with the latest version of Sync/MFT. Everything worked fine with ICS.

It seems that the change in Jelly bean is that Bluetooth Music streaming now sends the audio timestamps along with the audio data. Both Sync and my Parrot system in my other car now display the current track time while playing music through the Play Music App. The problem is that when playing slacker & Pandora. The current track time left over from the Play Music App starts incrementing. When that incrementing time passes the total track time of the last song played in the Play Music App (even though you are playing slacker), Sync seems to be sending the Skip track signal back to the phone and slacker skips to the next song. Slacker/Pandora never reset this time (Not Sure if they can), so Sync keeps skipping to the next track thinking the current one is over. On my Parrot Bluetooth device, when the time exceeds the total track time, it just stops displaying the time, and the slacker track keeps playing.

So I think its an issue on both ends. Android is always incrementing the track time sent over bluetooth based on the last timestamp from the Play App, even when other music sources are playing, and Sync seems to be sending the Skip track signal back to the phone when it sees the timestamps as invalid, instead of just ignoring it.

I can easily reproduce this issue by playing through google music, and advancing towards the end of the song, lets say 30 seconds from the end, and then pausing it. Then open slacker and start playing. The song will skip in about 30 seconds.

Hopefully someone has figured out the problem or a workaround, cause I'm pretty sure if this is the problem that both sides will just blame the other and even if there is a fix, the phone will be obsolete before it comes out.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
It seems that the change in Jelly bean is that Bluetooth Music streaming now sends the audio timestamps along with the audio data. Both Sync and my Parrot system in my other car now display the current track time while playing music through the Play Music App. The problem is that when playing slacker & Pandora. The current track time left over from the Play Music App starts incrementing. When that incrementing time passes the total track time of the last song played in the Play Music App (even though you are playing slacker), Sync seems to be sending the Skip track signal back to the phone and slacker skips to the next song. Slacker/Pandora never reset this time (Not Sure if they can), so Sync keeps skipping to the next track thinking the current one is over. On my Parrot Bluetooth device, when the time exceeds the total track time, it just stops displaying the time, and the slacker track keeps playing.

So I think its an issue on both ends. Android is always incrementing the track time sent over bluetooth based on the last timestamp from the Play App, even when other music sources are playing, and Sync seems to be sending the Skip track signal back to the phone when it sees the timestamps as invalid, instead of just ignoring it.

I can easily reproduce this issue by playing through google music, and advancing towards the end of the song, lets say 30 seconds from the end, and then pausing it. Then open slacker and start playing. The song will skip in about 30 seconds.

Hopefully someone has figured out the problem or a workaround, cause I'm pretty sure if this is the problem that both sides will just blame the other and even if there is a fix, the phone will be obsolete before it comes out.

Nice detective work. Can anyone verify these findings?

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Have only had occasional skip, not consistent or regularly occurring. I run with built in player, third party player as well as Pandora and Slacker.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

WillyBean12

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2013 Explorer and was having the skipping issue intermittently. I just received and installed the update to 4.1.2, and it appears to have fixed the issue, so far. In addition, the song name, artist, and play time are now showing on my Ford Sync. Very cool.

However, it is still not as integrated as my girlfriend's iPhone. When she connects through Bluetooth, it shows the name of her iPhone on the left-hand source selection list.

mike.s

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately the problem still happened for me even with the new update. Looks like I need to try a factory reset.

edenknight

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. My car is a 2012 Ford Focus Titanium and my phone is Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX. Sync will automatically send stupid skip songs every ~10 seconds on Pandora and Slacker Radio. It makes me -furious-

I've tried master resetting Ford Sync, Turning phone on/off, Re-adding phone to bluetooth, etc but nothing works. I know there's a software patch for Ford Sync, and I tried to get that installed, but the patch froze in the middle...Seriously what the hell.

Ken Macklem

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem...when i first got the truck, it didn't do it..now it will only play the last song in the queue or on the music list. heard any fix for this???

byhoung

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Any solutions to this yet? I'm getting this problem just occasionally, but it's really annoying when it happens.

I haven't really tested this but I realized the skipping happens less when I select bluetooth audio from another source (ie. FM Radio, Sirius, USB, RCA). If I leave bluetooth as the default source and have music automatically play from pandora, it seems to minimize the frequency of occurances. Again, I didn't actually test this but through experience this seems to help. Worth a try.

Phone:
Droid Razr M Version 4.1.2
MyFord Touch:
Version 3.5.1 Gen 2
Car:
2013 Ford Focus Titanium

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36