Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ford Bluetooth music skipping tracks with Jellybean

Hey guys, I have a 2013 Ford F150 that I play music (pandora, rhapsody, music player, etc) thru Bluetooth from my Razr Maxx HD. It worked flawlessly with ICS. Now with JB it keeps skipping tracks every 10 seconds. It is happening with all my music programs and I can't get thru a complete song. It just keeps skipping to the next track every 10 seconds. But it only happens when I'm in the truck. Anybody else seen this problem?

Global Posts
    491 Global Posts

Default Re: Ford Bluetooth music skipping tracks with Jellybean

I'll try it out on my way home this evening, never had an issue on ICS either. I just updated the software for SYNC in my vehicle but doubtful that has anything to do with cell phone OS changes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by mike.s View Post
    Hey guys, I have a 2013 Ford F150 that I play music (pandora, rhapsody, music player, etc) thru Bluetooth from my Razr Maxx HD. It worked flawlessly with ICS. Now with JB it keeps skipping tracks every 10 seconds. It is happening with all my music programs and I can't get thru a complete song. It just keeps skipping to the next track every 10 seconds. But it only happens when I'm in the truck. Anybody else seen this problem?
    I had this problem with ICS in my 2010 Ford F150 and it was because the phone's WiFi was turned on. It might be worth a try to be sure WiFi is off when you listen to music via bluetooth in your F150.

I have a 2009 Taurus and use sync all the time. It's been flawless on ICS but like the other poster I have not used it since the upgrade. Hope it turns out to be nothing or an easy fix. I've come to hate upgrades. They just need leave things alone for awhile and let us enjoy our phones for a while. Geesh.

Sent using the Amazing RAZR MaxxHD
    "When you turn your Android on, does it return the favor?"

Global Posts
    491 Global Posts

Just tested mine out on the way to lunch, no skipping on Google Play or Pandora.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I tried turning off my wifi, but it still did it.

Quote Originally Posted by mike.s View Post
    I tried turning off my wifi, but it still did it.
    Bummer. I now have a 2012 Ford F150. I haven't tried to play music via bluetooth since getting my Maxx HD a week ago. I'll try to stream music via bluetooth later today (if I remember...)

I was able to stream music via Sync and bluetooth with no problems. One annoyance. Got a message in a pop-up window on my phone (paraphrasing)--"Listening to music at high volumes can damage your hearing. Your media volume has been turned down to safe levels."

Had this same problem when listening via Spotify....solution for me was a simple restart and the problem stopped.

Seamed fine last night but I do have a short commute. Try an app call A2DP Volume. It may resolve some of the issues. I do use it.

Quote Originally Posted by PowrDroid View Post
    I was able to stream music via Sync and bluetooth with no problems. One annoyance. Got a message in a pop-up window on my phone (paraphrasing)--"Listening to music at high volumes can damage your hearing. Your media volume has been turned down to safe levels."
    The Acoustic Warning. I tried to disable it in the Apps settings. Doesn't allow you to. Ridiculous isn't it.

Last edited by rbess1965; 12-12-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Global Posts
    491 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rbess1965 View Post
    The Acoustic Warning. I tried to disable in in the Apps settings. Doesn't allow you to. Ridiculous isn't it.

Dumbest feature I think I've seen yet...I'll listen to my music as loudly as I want to, thanks.

I'm having the exact same problem.

2013 Ford Flex with MyFord Touch
    Motorola RAZR HD MAXX

When connected via bluetooth, all streaming audio/music programs such as Pandora, Google Play Music, etc. spontaneously skip tracks every 10 seconds.

Have done every possible troubleshooting step. Reboots, master resets, bluetooth cycling, etc.

Went into recovery and wiped all caches, then did another hard reset via recovery.

The problem persists. This is a serious bug. It makes the phone unusable for me.
    Verizon support claims that I am the first person to report the issue. No way.

Ugh! The phone worked fine on ICS before the JB update.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

this is definitley a sync problem not a verizon problem because every droid ive tried on jelly bean does this, even non cellular tablets

Absolutely wrong.

No, this is not a Jelly Bean problem because my wife's Galaxy Nexus on Verizon running Jelly Bean works absolutely fine with our Ford Flex with MyFord Touch. Both bluetooth calls and music streaming applications including Pandora work perfectly for her, whereas my Verizon crapware infested Droid RAZR HD MAXX is a piece of junk in the car.

This is the last time I purchase a non-Nexus device. OEM bloat and carrier mandated crap is simply intolerable.

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Update: For some reason, the problem seems to not be affecting the stock music player anymore, just pandora and rhapsody. I don't know why. Also sometimes turning bluetooth off and back on makes the problem go away for a while with pandora and rhapsody, but the problem keeps coming back.

After extensive testing and troubleshooting, the problem has been narrowed down to a bug in the Jelly Bean update that Verizon pushed out a couple weeks ago.

This is a serious problem for owners or prospective owners of either a RAZR HD or RAZR HD MAXX on Verizon because it is unlikely that Verizon will push out another software update/bug fix anytime soon.

So, current owners are out of luck with unreliable and non-functional bluetooth. Prospective owners should look elsewhere and avoid the entire DROID RAZR HD/RAZR HD MAXX series.

Best of luck.

Global Posts
    491 Global Posts

I am having none of these issues with JB and Ford Sync.

Can you tell us what firmware you're using with your phone and what version of Ford Sync?

Also, what year/model car, and is your system regular Ford Sync or the full MyFord Touch system?

Quote Originally Posted by TuringLock View Post
    After extensive testing and troubleshooting, the problem has been narrowed down to a bug in the Jelly Bean update that Verizon pushed out a couple weeks ago.
    What is your source for this knowledge? Have a link?

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

We've got the exact same problem with a Motorola Droid RAZR M running JellyBean and a new 2013 Ford Escape with Sync/MyFord Touch. Both Pandora and Slacker apps skip tracks every 12 seconds until the number of skips is exhausted. After that, the skip requests continue, but a popup shows up every 12 seconds that states that no more skips are remaining. I had initially contacted Slacker support for help, and they recommended uninstalling/reinstalling, which fixed it for a single car ride. Once we started the car back up and the phone reconnected, the skipping continued. Has anyone found a solution, or is there a definitive root cause that's being tracked in a ticket/bug somewhere? It sounds like it might be an issue with the JellyBean update that was pushed out for the Droid RAZR series phones, based on some of the comments on this thread.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

There was an update for Rhapsody that just came out and the problem seems to have been solved, at least with Rhapsody. I need to do some more testing, but I played Rhapsody via bluetooth in my F150 today for about half an hour and it played perfectly. I need to test Pandora.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

@mike.s - Let us know how Pandora performs. One thing I've noticed is that after an application reinstall, the first session will work fine, and the problem will then surface again once the phone re-establishes a connection to the Sync system. I opened a ticket with both Slacker and Pandora support, and I've gotten a little further with Slacker support - their developers are analyzing my log dump that I sent to them. I also did a master reset of the Sync/MyFord Touch system, which again fixed the problem for a single session. Once we got back in the car, the problem returned. There is a Ford Sync update to version 3.5.1 that is available for some vehicles, but not ours yet (2013 Escape with MyFord Touch and Navigation). I have yet to reach Ford Sync support, which doesn't allow logging issues online from what I can tell. I'd have to send an email to generic Ford support email. I've tried to reach Sync support at 877-945-3648, but have yet to get through. For what it's worth, the skipping problem also showed up on Slacker for my Blackberry Bold 9930, so I'm thinking that there is something odd/unique about the bluetooth stack in the latest Sync systems that can be dealt with on the client side.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

I tried some Pandora today and NO SKIPPING. I don't know if the Rhapsody update somehow fixed Pandora too or what but all I know is that it all seems to be working for me right now. I hope it lasts.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Looks like I celebrated too early. The skipping problem came back again today for Pandora and Rhapsody.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast