Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Razr Maxx HD Camera Post Jelly Bean With App Help

I picked up the Razr Maxx HD on Sunday and received JB on Monday. I didn't have time to play with the camera before the upgrade, so I can't compare before/after photo shots. The camera needs more flexible software. Camera Zoom seemed to do the job. Increased the ISO and EV to produce a decent shot. Nothing to complain about. Shot this pic in my laundry room with fluorescent lights.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Razr Maxx HD Camera Post Jelly Bean With App Help-camerazoom-20121210063918087.jpg  

Default Re: Razr Maxx HD Camera Post Jelly Bean With App Help

JB ota update fixed my stock camera. Used to have no macro focus and low light stunk. I was going to go with a Samsung because of this issue but now I'm not. Yay.

Quote Originally Posted by warrusty View Post
    I picked up the Razr Maxx HD on Sunday and received JB on Monday. I didn't have time to play with the camera before the upgrade, so I can't compare before/after photo shots. The camera needs more flexible software. Camera Zoom seemed to do the job. Increased the ISO and EV to produce a decent shot. Nothing to complain about. Shot this pic in my laundry room with fluorescent lights.
    That is a nice looking interior picture. Can you say a little more about what ISO and EV are?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gediv2 View Post
    JB ota update fixed my stock camera. Used to have no macro focus and low light stunk. I was going to go with a Samsung because of this issue but now I'm not. Yay.
    I thought the low-light on mine might be a little better with Jelly Bean. Not sure if it's my imagination though.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ISO measures the sensitivity of the image sensor. EV stands for exposure value, which refers to the amount of light that is in a given exposure. The MAXX needed more light and the sensor being more sensitive to the light. It is my understanding that the aperture (the opening in the lens) can't be adjusted on present cell phone cameras.