Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default MY MAXX HD locks up occasionally.

    My Droid X used to lock up occasionally and the only fix was to pull the battery. I've had my MAXX HD for a few weeks and has locked up twice... BOTH times while on Facebook. I had my gf call me the first time... but it took 2 tries to get the call to come through and wake up the phone. The second time, it just finally let go and came back to life after a few minutes.

    I read here somewhere that there is a key stroke sequence that is supposed to simulate a battery pull. What is it? I tried pressing the power button and volume buttons simultaneously without any success.

    Anyone else experiencing this?

    Sent via my RAZR MAXX HD
    Thanks,
    BlackAudiA5
  2. #2  

    Default Re: MY MAXX HD locks up occasionally.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAudiA5 View Post
    My Droid X used to lock up occasionally and the only fix was to pull the battery. I've had my MAXX HD for a few weeks and has locked up twice... BOTH times while on Facebook. I had my gf call me the first time... but it took 2 tries to get the call to come through and wake up the phone. The second time, it just finally let go and came back to life after a few minutes.

    I read here somewhere that there is a key stroke sequence that is supposed to simulate a battery pull. What is it? I tried pressing the power button and volume buttons simultaneously without any success.

    Anyone else experiencing this?

    Sent via my RAZR MAXX HD
    Hold down power and volume down together. You have to keep them down for several seconds. After one second the phone captures a screen shot. If you keep them down past that for another 3 seconds or so, it will do the reboot that simulates a battery pull.

    No, I haven't had to do one. My phone's been vary stable on JB but I don't use Facebook on it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: MY MAXX HD locks up occasionally.

    I have been messing with this screen capture thing and have only heard the shutter click sound once. I wasn't able to find the screen capture in my gallery. I have not been able to take a screen shot since. All I get is the volume bar but if I do keep holding them down it does reboot. What is the trick for the screen shot?

    Sent via my RAZR MAXX HD
    Thanks,
    BlackAudiA5
  4. #4  
    blg923's Avatar

    Posts
    291 Posts
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts

    Default Re: MY MAXX HD locks up occasionally.

    To get a screenshot, you have to hit them simultaneously and hold for a few seconds. To reboot without taking a screenshot, hold the power first then the volume down.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: MY MAXX HD locks up occasionally.

    I must just not have the touch. Tried 10 times and keep getting the volume bar. Oh well.....

    Sent via my RAZR MAXX HD
    Thanks,
    BlackAudiA5
  6. #6  

    Default Re: MY MAXX HD locks up occasionally.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAudiA5 View Post
    I have been messing with this screen capture thing and have only heard the shutter click sound once. I wasn't able to find the screen capture in my gallery. I have not been able to take a screen shot since. All I get is the volume bar but if I do keep holding them down it does reboot. What is the trick for the screen shot?

    Sent via my RAZR MAXX HD
    On JB, it doesn't make the shutter sound any more when it takes the screen shot. Just keep your eye on the navigation bar and you'll see it took it. If you get the reboot, you very likely got the screenshot just before.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: MY MAXX HD locks up occasionally.

    Mines locked up twice while using chrome. Still love the phone!!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
  8. #8  
    t0ked's Avatar

    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts

    Default Re: MY MAXX HD locks up occasionally.

    I still get the shutter sound. Then screen goes black and I then the droid eye pops up. I've only had to do this once. Phone slowed to a crawl while opening facebook. After jb, phone ran fine, but I noticed that my free memory was always hovering around 100mb. My sister's RAZR M had basically the same app load and usually runs around 300 mb free. I bit the bullet and did a factory reset. Now I hover around 250mb free with the same app load out as previously and the phone runs a bit more smoothly. And no crashes since then.

    But for a simulated battery pull, power and volume down. You have to hit them simultaneously. My phone always took a screen shot before powering down.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: MY MAXX HD locks up occasionally.

    That was it. Volume DOWN! I apparently was using Power button and volume UP.

    BTW... I still get the shutter sound too.

    Thanks

    Sent via my RAZR MAXX HD
    Thanks,
    BlackAudiA5
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: MY MAXX HD locks up occasionally.

    Where exactly do you find free memory stats? I've looked (I think) everywhere in Settings.

    Sent via my RAZR MAXX HD
    Thanks,
    BlackAudiA5
  11. #11  

    Default Re: MY MAXX HD locks up occasionally.

    Mine locks up too. Last was last night when simply pinching and zooming into some clip art using Chrome. I gave it 5 minutes but it was still stuck so I held down the power button and volume down for about ten seconds for a reboot.

    I also had a couple force reboots when simply launching an app.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
  12. #12  

    Default Re: MY MAXX HD locks up occasionally.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAudiA5 View Post
    Where exactly do you find free memory stats? I've looked (I think) everywhere in Settings.

    Sent via my RAZR MAXX HD
    You can find that in Settings-->Apps -->Running and looking at the bottom right corner of the screen.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: MY MAXX HD locks up occasionally.

    Cool, thanks.... mine says 151 megs free.

    Sent via my RAZR MAXX HD
    Thanks,
    BlackAudiA5
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: MY MAXX HD locks up occasionally.

    Fully charged overnight and rebooted this morning and free memory now shows 370 mgs. Not that this phone has ever acted sluggish... but I'll see if I notice any difference today.

    Sent via my RAZR MAXX HD
    Thanks,
    BlackAudiA5
  15. #15  

    Default Re: MY MAXX HD locks up occasionally.

    I've had mine lock up a couple times since the JB OTA. Did a factory reset and I haven't had full lock up yet, although Chrome can seem to bring the phone to its knees at times.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: MY MAXX HD locks up occasionally.

    I'm glad to say mine hasn't locked up or restarted itself once - I problem I had daily with my old Casio Commando.

    Although, I did have a bit of lag with the JB update...but since I switched to Nova, I've had no lag and no problems with the home screen, facebook, or browsers.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: MY MAXX HD locks up occasionally.

    Quote Originally Posted by chadillac3 View Post
    I've had mine lock up a couple times since the JB OTA. Did a factory reset and I haven't had full lock up yet, although Chrome can seem to bring the phone to its knees at times.
    Yes, I use Chrome quite a bit and it's annoying... it's a bogged down app, downright terribly laggy scrolling at times. It's as if I'm trying to use an app when the system is running at 90% CPU usage at times. It seemed better on ICS.

Similar Threads

  1. Go SMS Pro causing my phone to lock up...
    By XChrisX in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-26-2013, 02:06 PM
  2. SanDisk Ultra 64GB in my maxx hd
    By moesboy in forum Droid RAZR MAXX HD
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-09-2013, 06:18 PM
  3. Any thoughts why my Epic keeps locking up
    By TheSkipperCDB in forum Sprint Epic 4G
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2012, 07:09 AM
  4. Did a battery pull cause my phone was locked up.. and...
    By Raptor5150 in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus V
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-09-2011, 11:59 AM
  5. Now that i have Gingerbread my Shift keeps locking up.
    By TonyLibations in forum HTC EVO Shift 4G
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-21-2011, 04:05 PM

Posting Permissions