Unlocking Droid Razr Maxx

uanaka

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys!

So I decided to get the Razr Maxx, but since I'm on a different carrier, I was wondering if someone could tell me how I could go about on unlocking this phone? I've locked on Ebay and like amazon to find an unlocked razr maxx hd, but to no luck. So I decided that I'd buy a verizon maxx hd and unlock it myself... and ideas how?

Thanks

p.s I'm T-Mobile

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Do you have any reason to believe you can use the Maxx HD, a CDMA/LTE phone, on a GSM/HSPA carrier? If not, please let me know the next time you want to set any of your money on fire and I'll gladly take it off your hands.

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any reason to believe you can use the Maxx HD, a CDMA/LTE phone, on a GSM/HSPA carrier? If not, please let me know the next time you want to set any of your money on fire and I'll gladly take it off your hands.
It's not so simple. The phone has GSM support so it's not the dumb question you imply it is.

Unfortunately for OP, the phone is locked and will only operate on a non-US GSM network, and if the phone is activated on a Verizon US plan. So the hardware could work but there's no way to get past the software locks.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Whoover is correct. No need to bash the OP as the specs do list GSM bands in the device.

To the OP, if you want to resell, I'm looking for another for my wife. If not, might want to consider jumping to Verizon, this phone is worth moving for sure and I love Verizon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

debracey

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
The phone is unlocked out of the box, but it won't work on TMobile/ATT, Verizon has put some kind of block on that. If you go over to XDA developer's forums you'll see a few posts from people who've been to Mexico and used foreign SIMs. There's an annoying "SIM is from an unknown source" warning when you boot up, and you have to manually enter the APNs -- but those are easily overcome.

There's another post on XDA with instructions for flashing the HD's radio with an Australian version so that it can roam freely on TMobile/ATT in the US, but I haven't tried that myself. It is worth noting that VZW uses different LTE signal bands as compared to most other carriers. As such, if you take the phone to a different carrier, the best you can really hope for is HSPA+.

-- Dan

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital