Weird JB glitch

chadillac3

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Wondering if anyone else has this issue. Every time I answer a call, the in call volume auto defaults to the max volume. Every single time. If I hit volume up or down, it drops to the lowest level and then works fine after that.

Certainly did not do that with ICS...do I need to do a factory reset?

Which reminds me...tried going into recovery to wipe cache using the volume up/down and power button method. It works...but after about 2 seconds the damn phone just boots up. Battery life isn't quite as good, but I'm ok with that as the phone was still at like 25% at night after 15+ hours of being unplugged with pretty heavy usage.

chadillac3

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok, did factory reset and the volume issue upon dialing/receiving call is still there. Battery drain is definitely increased compared to ICS. My coworker has the Maxx HD as well, and with pretty similar usage my phone is draining about 40% faster...both on JB. Weird. We have pretty damn similar apps installed...both have a FFL, Facebook, etc...with the same settings.

RLGL1

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok, did factory reset and the volume issue upon dialing/receiving call is still there. Battery drain is definitely increased compared to ICS. My coworker has the Maxx HD as well, and with pretty similar usage my phone is draining about 40% faster...both on JB. Weird. We have pretty damn similar apps installed...both have a FFL, Facebook, etc...with the same settings.

Huh?

chadillac3

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I'll try to spell it out a bit more.

Co-worker and I both have RAZR Maxx HD.

We both had nearly identical performance on Ice Cream Sandwich (i.e. Android 4.0)

We both were upgraded to Jelly Bean (i.e. Android 4.1) the same day via Over The Air updates.

We both have the same applications (i.e. apps) installed:

FFL = Fantasty Football League
Facebook

My battery drain has increased significantly compared to his even though our usage patterns have stayed the same from ICS to JB.

In addition I have the following issues:
1. Occasional lockups. Had literally none with ICS.
2. Volume upon receiving call. It's at max setting every time I make/receive a call even though I had it set lower before.

I've cleared cache and even done a factory reset. All issues still there.

Does that help?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay