Didn't last long, RAZR HD MAXX destruction

SuperJETT

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I gave one of our sales guys his new razr hd maxx yesterday morning. When he was getting in his car to leave, this happened, less than 6 hours after handing it to him. $700 down the drain for a new phone.

Attachments

• 2012-12-14_08-35-02_706.jpg
    2012-12-14_08-35-02_706.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 109

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that dude. I've insured my iPhone5 and the next Android I get (after current XperiaS) I will insure as well.

Not much consolation I know but all the best.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

SuperJETT

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
It's not mine, just sucks that our company has to spend $$$ on a new one. I put him back on his Droid2 for now.

We have 35 lines with Verizon, if I had insurance on every line, we'd pay for a new phone every 2-3 months but we typically only 'lose' one/year, so insurance is a waste of money for us in the long run.

I'll probably try to get this one fixed for a few hundred $ and place my razr maxx with it until upgrade time in September.

SuperJETT

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
He just dropped it getting in his car, from waist level. I'm really surprised it did this much damage. It wasn't a glass hit, but the bottom right corner was pushed up. The chassis is bent, not just broken glass/bezel.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
That is a bummer. I had a D2G for 2 years always used a particular grip with it whenever I was handling it. I never dropped it. I've decided to always handle the Razr Maxx HD with the same 'vise grip'. Thumb along one long edge, three fingers along the other long edge, index finger along the top edge. When I put the phone in my front pants pockets I use the same grip. Especially when I'm exiting my vehicle. Open the door, grab the phone in the 'vise grip', stand up and slide it into my pocket.

Attachments

• RazrMaxxGrip_LoRes.jpg
    RazrMaxxGrip_LoRes.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 80

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The horror! It's almost 2013 and people who buy expensive phones don't have the sense to cover them up with protective cases and screen protectors?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

SuperJETT

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
The horror! It's almost 2013 and people who buy expensive phones don't have the sense to cover them up with protective cases and screen protectors?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

He was headed straight to a store to get a case, this was the first time it had been out of the office building. I don't buy cases for employees because everyone has different preferences.

- - - Updated - - -

He broke the phone. Why are you/the company responsible for getting him a new one?

Work in a corporate environment for awhile, you'll understand.

stridr69#AC

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Your "sales guy" should only have the cheapest phone VZW offers. Oh, and take the cost of the phone out of his paycheck. I've had my HD MAXX since 11/06 and use that baby " bareback" as it should be used. Love showing it off against my brother's OtterBox'ed covered iPhone 5. :cool:

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Your "sales guy" should only have the cheapest phone VZW offers. Oh, and take the cost of the phone out of his paycheck. I've had my HD MAXX since 11/06 and use that baby " bareback" as it should be used. Love showing it off against my brother's OtterBox'ed covered iPhone 5. :cool:

Heh. Finding staff is hard enough, docking their pay is not usually a good move, unfortunately.

Sent from my LT26i using Android Central Forums

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
That's unfortunate. I haven't dropped mine yet but from what I can tell, the Razr Maxx HD appears to be more delicate than my old naked Droid X which I dropped onto concrete more than once with minimal damage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech