Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Exchange Calendar issue since Jelly Bean

    Ever since I upgraded my Droid Razr Maxx HD to the official Jelly Bean update, when I enter a calendar appointment on the Droid, it shows up as a meeting request (& not an appointment) on the Exchange 2010 Server / Outlook. If necessary, I can elaborate on why this is a problem for me.

    I am 90% sure this was not happening on ICS. In addition, my previous phone (Samsung Infuse) also had this problem, BUT my Android Tablet does *not* currently have this problem.

    Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a workaround or easy fix? (I am aware migrating to Touchdown is one option). Thank you in advance!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Exchange Calendar issue since Jelly Bean

    I have the exact same problem. We use an exchange server at work. Did you find a fix? I can't find a solution anywhere. Thanks
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Exchange Calendar issue since Jelly Bean

    I have not been able to solve the problem yet....all I can do is provide a little more troubleshooting results: Since originally posting, I hard reset my Droid Razr Maxx HD after upgrading the Jelly Bean, hoping that starting fresh with JB would solve this problem.....it didn't, so there's no need for anyone else to do that who is trying to solve this specific issue. Also, I tweeted the problem to the official Motorola technical support Twitter account. They replied with one or two clarifying questions about the problem, but I never heard back from them after that. Who know why, but perhaps they confirmed it is a problem, and therefore a fix will be included in a future ROM update? I realize that may be very optimistic thinking. At least I know I am not alone with the problem, so thanks for your reply. I wonder if this issue would exist with a JB upgraded Droid Razr HD (or Maxx HD) connected to an Exchange *2013* server?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Exchange Calendar issue since Jelly Bean

    Thanks for getting back to me. Well that means the next steps. I forwarded your comments to our IT Director. I think his next recommendation for me is to delete my email account on the phone and then reinstall it to see if that clears the bug. If it works or doesn't I will repost. i see him on Monday. Other than that I have searched the web and there are no other comments out there. I will also check what version of exchange server we are using as well.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Exchange Calendar issue since Jelly Bean

    Keep in mind I already deleted my Exchange mailbox on my Razr HD Maxx & recreated it (via the hard reset) & that did not help me. I would be interested to know what version of Exchange you guys are running to help me further troubleshoot (I am a freelance network admin myself), as it may be this problem only happens on certain versions of Exchange. I have been on Exchange 2010 for some time now. For what it is worth, I have seen this problem on different make on models on Android devices I have owned, so it seems to be a problem related to the core Android OS, that a device OEM's accidentally trigger when creating their ROMs (or ROM upgrades).
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Exchange Calendar issue since Jelly Bean

    I tried it anyway just in case just deleting the account would do it but no luck. We are using exchange 2007. The only other thing that is new for me is I did activate an iCloud account with my new iPAD at Christmas. Now in outlook it has the add on and an icon for all appointments. I don't use iCloud but there it is. I also added intercall (conference call and webinar software) that has an add on in my outlook. The problem still did not materialize though until after I did the Jelly Bean update.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Exchange Calendar issue since Jelly Bean

    Has this been resolved yet. I am having the same issue on a newly updated Razr Maxx. This is connecting to Exchange 2003.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Exchange Calendar issue since Jelly Bean

    Unfortunately no. I gave up after spending considerable time researching various solutions. sorry. I wish I had better news. Please post back if you find a resolution.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Exchange Calendar issue since Jelly Bean

    I too gave up a while ago, and migrated to Touchdown. Unfortunate that I had to because of this issue, but that being said, Touchdown is an excellent app for Exchange synchronization. Also, as long as I stick with Toundown, I should be immune from this particular problem on any future Android device or device ROM upgrade.

Similar Threads

  1. Major graphics issues since jelly bean update.
    By domdthereal in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-26-2013, 10:13 PM
  2. Calendar issue since JB update
    By SparksStar in forum AT&T Galaxy S3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-09-2012, 11:44 AM
  3. EVO 4G and Exchange Calendar issues
    By cw0802 in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2012, 11:47 AM
  4. GPS Issues-Droidvicious Jelly Bean 4.1.1 V1
    By musicmandt24 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-23-2012, 09:25 PM
  5. EVO 3D Exchange Calendar Issue
    By discdoc in forum HTC EVO 3D
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-28-2011, 05:27 PM

Posting Permissions