Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: Any way to make the camera usable?

Quote Originally Posted by warrusty View Post
    I'm using Jelly Bean with the latest version of Camera FV-5. Just snapped the attached photo and am not disappointed. Shot under kitchen ceiling halogen lights with shadows. You shouldn't let the camera performance stop you from buying the Razr HD Maxx.
    This app looks very interesting. Lots of controls right there on the screen. Did you buy the paid app, or are you using the free one? What is the difference between them (if you happen to know)?

I used the paid version. I don't recall the differences with a free version.

Here's an outdoor shot. I probably had the EV setting a little too high, but I'm still learning the app, which was recently updated.

My usual camera is an Olympus E-PL2 which is a micro 4/3, using a quality lens. I can live with this level of detail in a camera phone.

Again, I see no reason to freak out over the cell camera, even if the sensor isn't the state of the art. I'll gladly take additional battery life. Of course the next version of the Maxx HD will have a better camera, and quad core processor, and flexible screen, and a turbo charger, and intergalactic signaling ability, and ..................
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any way to make the camera usable?-dsc_0049.jpg  
    GatsbyGlen likes this.

I used the paid version. I don't recall the differences with a free version.
    I've downloaded the free version. The difference appears to be that you only get photos that are 640X480 resolution.

Q. If you take a three or four photos in a row how are you reviewing them within the app?

Here's an outdoor shot. I probably had the EV setting a little too high, but I'm still learning the app, which was recently updated.

My usual camera is an Olympus E-PL2 which is a micro 4/3, using a quality lens. I can live with this level of detail in a camera phone.

Again, I see no reason to freak out over the cell camera, even if the sensor isn't the state of the art. I'll gladly take additional battery life. Of course the next version of the Maxx HD will have a better camera, and quad core processor, and flexible screen, and a turbo charger, and intergalactic signaling ability, and ..................
    I'd be interested to see how FV-5 does in low light conditions. If you get a chance could you post some? The few shots I've taken so far with the free version of the app have not been encouraging.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12