Need to Make a Decision

jschlis

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I use a Blackberry and a jailbroken iphone, using the bb as my phone, email and text tool. I feel each one has functionality that the other doesn't. For example BB has profiles that I can set for individual contacts that supersedes any ring/vibrate profile that I have set. Iphone is great for surfing. I want to get rid of both and carry one phone. In addition to an ipad I do have a Nexus 7 so I am familiar with the Android os. In researching the two phones that I am interested in, the Galaxy S3 and the Droid Maxx HD I come to one conclusion. Both have issues be it software or hardware. They lock up, become unresponsive, and require a battery (S3) pull or reboot(Maxx HD). The one thing about both phones that I run is that they do not need to be rebooted or require a battery pull. Is this a true assessment on my part or am I wrong?

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Your can't pull the battery but you can obviously reboot the phone. Or long press volume down and power to get it to reboot if it freezes. Mine's frozen twice since the update to JB. No corruption or data loss, just a little pain. I choose to reboot my phone every morning right before I pull it off the charger.

Last edited:

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
... the Galaxy S3 and the Droid Maxx HD I come to one conclusion. They lock up, become unresponsive, and require a battery (S3) pull or reboot(Maxx HD). Is this a true assessment on my part or am I wrong?

Had a Motorola Droid 2 Global for 2 years. Never locked up. Never had a (real) reason to pull the battery. Have had my Razr Maxx HD for a couple of weeks now. Has never locked up and have not needed to do a reset. You can find apps that will give you custom ring/vibrate profiles for individual contacts. Dump the Blackberry and get into 2013, man!