I leave the screen brightness at 75ish and turn WiFi off whenever I'm not near

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355967767228.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355967767228.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 76

edneum2

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
What's your concern? Seems pretty good to me, especially with 75% brightness. Also, I have found leaving wifi always on doesn't seem to affect battery life much, if anything might help because I believe wifi drains less battery than 4G.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Smart actions can really extend the battery life. I usually go 3 full days.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356028280272.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356028280272.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 66

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a couple smart actions set up but that don't go into effect until battery is down to 35%. Would you mind sharing the ones you have setup?

Triggers- Display status-screen off
Charging status-not charging

Actions- Screen brightness- to smart brightness
Background data- only when app is being used
Mobile data- disable
Wifi-off
Display sleep-1 minute
GPS-off
Bluetooth-off
This still allows calls and text to come through. I just dont like apps running in the background unless they are being used. This usually gets between 3-4 full days on a charge. Once the phone wakes up by use or a call/text it reconnects to mobile data or wifi, whichever i have it set up to. Some dont like the extreme settings but it works for me. I was very concerned when I got the phone about not having a removable battery but not if I only have to charge it every 3 days.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Wish I could get that much life. After the JB update, mine appears to be running down faster than before and yes, I've done factory resets and disabled un-desired apps already. Its just running more RAM than it was before. Transistion on my old Maxx from GB to ICS had the same effect.

anon(5484072)

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine seems to pale in comparison to yours...

User Media - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

I have auto brightness. WiFi on all the time, even when not near WiFi. GPS on all the time. 2 hours screen time right now.

How do you get that much battery?

Seriously, I'm hoping for an answer to this. You guys get over 2 days battery, and I've only gotten it with only 4 hours screen time.

Do you have a lot of screen time? Use a lot of 4g? (On a normal day, I use my phone with 4g for 2-3 hours.) No widgets? No background apps?

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, I'm hoping for an answer to this. You guys get over 2 days battery, and I've only gotten it with only 4 hours screen time.

Do you have a lot of screen time? Use a lot of 4g? (On a normal day, I use my phone with 4g for 2-3 hours.) No widgets? No background apps?

The only thing I do is the smart actions listed above. When the screen times out it shuts everything off, and nothing runs in the background. The data connects whenever I activate the screen. It only takes a second and syncs up. Not sure what else I could be doing. Sorry if this isn't much help.

anon(5484072)

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I do is the smart actions listed above. When the screen times out it shuts everything off, and nothing runs in the background. The data connects whenever I activate the screen. It only takes a second and syncs up. Not sure what else I could be doing. Sorry if this isn't much help.
Thanks for the answer. I'll try that during this
Christmas vacation, and see how it works for me.

Do you lose any functionality, like in apps or widgets? And what about MMS - at the very least, do you get a notification telling you there's an MMS waiting to be downloaded?

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the answer. I'll try that during this
Christmas vacation, and see how it works for me.

Do you lose any functionality, like in apps or widgets? And what about MMS - at the very least, do you get a notification telling you there's an MMS waiting to be downloaded?

I dont lose anything as far as I know for the functionally of any apps. They sync up when I open them. As far as the MMS it downloads it as soon as the connection syncs up too. For some people the settings I use will not work. I dont use facebook or push email on my phone and therefore dont need a constant connection. I currently have 2 days/17 hrs and 40% battery. Should easily go 3 days/12 hrs on this charge cycle. Hope that helps. Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!!!

anon(5484072)

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I dont lose anything as far as I know for the functionally of any apps. They sync up when I open them. As far as the MMS it downloads it as soon as the connection syncs up too. For some people the settings I use will not work. I dont use facebook or push email on my phone and therefore dont need a constant connection. I currently have 2 days/17 hrs and 40% battery. Should easily go 3 days/12 hrs on this charge cycle. Hope that helps. Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!!!

Same here. I'll try it out today. Thank you, and Merry Christmas to you too!

anon(5484072)

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Not bad, not bad at all. I think I'll keep these settings for now.

2vd3dvr.jpg

nv3x9l.jpg

Thanks for the tip!

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm gonna have to check out the smart actions and how quickly bluetooth will reconnect. I wish I could turn off background data, but won't that also stop gmail?

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes it will stop it from pushing but as the screen turns back on it reconnects background data.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums