1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

Default Unrooted using the RAZR HD Fastboot Restore. Still shows 'qe 1/1' ?!?!

I'm returning a defective MAXX HD to Verizon so I have to unroot it and return it to stock. I ran the Fastboot Restore option in the DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10 and chose to Wipe User Data.

The Recovery on the 'restored' phone still shows 'qe 1/1', which is identical to my now rooted replacement.

What did I do wrong?

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Unrooted using the RAZR HD Fastboot Restore. Still shows 'qe 1/1' ?!?!

You cant just wipe user data to revert the phone to non-root status. there may be more than one way to do it, but the best would probably be to reload ICS and go from there. after all that is done, it will still say qe 0/1 indicating that while not rooted now, it was rooted at some point. No way to reset that.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

Default Re: Unrooted using the RAZR HD Fastboot Restore. Still shows 'qe 1/1' ?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by djousma View Post
    You cant just wipe user data to revert the phone to non-root status. there may be more than one way to do it, but the best would probably be to reload ICS and go from there. after all that is done, it will still say qe 0/1 indicating that while not rooted now, it was rooted at some point. No way to reset that.
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamliner View Post
    I ran the Fastboot Restore option in the DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10 and chose to Wipe User Data.
    I did reload ICS. Thats what the Fastboot Restore option is supposed to do. The last step of that asks to wipe data and I chose Yes. Even after returning to 4.0.4, it still shows 1/1.

Nobody knows why the Fastboot Restore returning me to 4.0.4 would keep the 1/1? I need to unroot this thing to send it back to verizon...help!
    Last edited by dreamliner; 12-20-2012 at 08:09 AM.

ROM
    Stock

Sorry, I misread your post. thought you ran the utility to ONLY do a wipe.

This is the I used when I had lost root going to JB and had to start over with stock install. I did verify it was 0/1 when done.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

I did a restore again using RSD Lite. The recovery still said "qe 1/1". I also ran a root checker app and it said I did not have root.

I've done enough, back to Verizon it goes.

I'm in the same boat after sideloading JB and still showing up 1/1 even though I lost root. What happened with your return?

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

(delete post please)