1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default earpiece issue

I posted this on another forum and wanted to see if anyone else was having this issue with their Maxx HD:

When listening through the earpiece to voicemails or another calller, there is a slight buzzing noise every time someone speaks, and it is more pronounced at various frequencies and when the volume is louder.

Thinking that maybe the problem was some dust or lint got trapped in there (I carry it in my front pocket), I tried sucking on the speaker area, tried shooting some compressed air in there, and even tried vacuuming it out with the extension on my vacuum cleaner. None of those seems to help. I almost sounds sorta like a blown speaker, but much milder than that. It sounds more like something is rattling inside or loose causing it to make a buzz sound sort of like a bee or fly as sounds come through. Ugh...I think I might try and exchange it tomorrow. Stinks, because everything else about the phone is perfect and I love it.

Anyone else with this issue?

Default Re: earpiece issue

I have it to and its been replaced. Shake your phone a bit and you should hear a slight rattle. I believe the higher volume is too loud and shakes this and you hear it. Its normal on every HD I've tried.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

That noise you hear when you shake your phone is an element in the camera and its heard on about any phone out there. I don't have any buzzing or any that I've noticed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Yes, but if the ear speaker volume is all the way up, it may create a blown speaker sounding noise. It does not happen with everyone but it has happened on 3 different HD Maxx's that I've tried. Just turning the volume down 1 notch on these calls solves the issue. Also, if any part of your hair squeezes into the speaker and rubs, you will head this.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

I also just posted the same thing on XDA. I also tried another Maxx HD and the regular HD in the verizon store...same issue. So althought this stinks, seems normal.