- 1 Posts
I posted this on another forum and wanted to see if anyone else was having this issue with their Maxx HD:
When listening through the earpiece to voicemails or another calller, there is a slight buzzing noise every time someone speaks, and it is more pronounced at various frequencies and when the volume is louder.
Thinking that maybe the problem was some dust or lint got trapped in there (I carry it in my front pocket), I tried sucking on the speaker area, tried shooting some compressed air in there, and even tried vacuuming it out with the extension on my vacuum cleaner. None of those seems to help. I almost sounds sorta like a blown speaker, but much milder than that. It sounds more like something is rattling inside or loose causing it to make a buzz sound sort of like a bee or fly as sounds come through. Ugh...I think I might try and exchange it tomorrow. Stinks, because everything else about the phone is perfect and I love it.
Anyone else with this issue?
- 12-22-2012, 06:42 PM #2
- 12-22-2012, 07:04 PM #3
- 12-22-2012, 09:46 PM #4
- 3,279 Posts
Re: earpiece issue
Yes, but if the ear speaker volume is all the way up, it may create a blown speaker sounding noise. It does not happen with everyone but it has happened on 3 different HD Maxx's that I've tried. Just turning the volume down 1 notch on these calls solves the issue. Also, if any part of your hair squeezes into the speaker and rubs, you will head this.
- 01-02-2013, 11:11 PM #5
- By mcaspe1 in forum Droid RAZR MReplies: 0Last Post: 12-05-2012, 01:22 PM
- By ps_20090 in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus VReplies: 1Last Post: 09-29-2012, 11:30 PM
- By edking4 in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 7Last Post: 03-17-2011, 09:12 PM
- By mck2018 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 12-09-2010, 03:18 PM
- By mcp6530 in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 09-20-2010, 06:34 PM