How to stop Verizon Backup Assistant Plus from syncing

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I can't confirm 100% this will stop syncing but start by turning off the Backup Assistant + feature from your Verizon account online.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

RHS

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I can't confirm 100% this will stop syncing but start by turning off the Backup Assistant + feature from your Verizon account online.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

I checked my Verizon account first, but couldn't find a way to turn it off.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue too.

Settings > Backup Assistant Plus > Under the Media Backup Section, Select Backup Assistant Plus Media, and click Media types to Back Up > Deselect All

Anonie Mus

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok but how do you get rid of the intrusive pos app all together? Im sick and Fn tired of it bogging me down all the Fn time
when i dont need it to sync a damn thing!... sorry im just really pissed off at this crap phone and crap vzw service
...speaking of service i took this pos LG Intuition in earlier to have vzw worker look at it
i find it funny that their answer to everything is reformat reformat reformat... getting sick of that **** too
...especially when reformating did absolutly nothing
...the problem i took it in for still persists...
after this pos phone and contract i am forever done with VZW and their stupidity,
i am also rooting my phone as soon as i hit reply....
Omfg stupid ******* phone trying to type and like i said
it still does what its doing ...jumping all the **** around sick of it if this pos didnt cost so much i woulda already used it as a throwing card!!!
So final end not **** VZW!!!
amd sorry for thred stealing just needed to vent about this bs phone and bs service from vzw i recommend going with something amything but vzw and LG.... :mad:

joelbon

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
If you are rooted than you can just freeze them with Titanium Backup or MyBackup Pro. this is how I stopped them altogether. It is the perfect solution for me. Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

dslomer64

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I used to be in this situation (I don't know if it's the situation described above):

Connecting my Motorola Razr M Android phone to my Windows PC via USB cable made Google Chrome browser automatically go to the Backup Assistant web page at Verizon, interrupting whatever I was browsing. Big pain.

To stop this, I went into Windows Control Panel and uninstalled Motorola Device Manager.

Problem solved.

Krushant Gandhi

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Go to Settings->Application Manager ->All. Then locate Sync Service. Then select Force stop and Turn OFF if you want to disable it permanently.

Worked on my Note 3. Thanks!!!