Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verify RAZR model?

As can be seen below in the sig, my phone will sometimes identify itself as a RAZR HD as opposed to the MAXX. It does this like below, when connected to the PC and also on Verizon's site. It never says MAXX, but in the phone's settings it does.

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I just want to make sure I do indeed have the MAXX

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Default Re: Verify RAZR model?

Quote Originally Posted by GatsbyGlen View Post
    As can be seen below in the sig, my phone will sometimes identify itself as a RAZR HD as opposed to the MAXX. It does this like below, when connected to the PC and also on Verizon's site. It never says MAXX, but in the phone's settings it does.

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I just want to make sure I do indeed have the MAXX

Pretty easy to tell, if your battery lasts a extremely long time you have a maxx. And at the bottom of your quote it says "Sent from my DROID RAZR HD" Phones automatically put that at the bottom (watch and see mine will say sent from my Samsung sgh-i727.) You've got a plain ole HD not a maxx.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The part that is confusing is that my phone settings say maxx.

Verify RAZR model?-uploadfromtaptalk1356278944603.jpg

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I'm going to assume it's a MAXX. It has 32GB of internal memory and I understand the other only has 16. I just want to make sure Verizon didn't try to rip me off

If you have 32gb internal storage, you have the Maxx. Forum app signatures don't know the difference

Mine is a maxx but the signature says RAZR HD like OP s.... so if the storage said 32gb then you got a maxx HD

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Tapa talk does not recognize the difference between a Maxx and regular. You're fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks guys, I'll stop being paranoid

I'm absolutely positive I have the Maxx HD, however it shows up as "Razr HD" in several situations including when connected to my PC.

If you need to, verify it in about phone (as GatsbyGlen showed), but don't be paranoid. I'm sure you got the real deal.

Global Posts
    491 Global Posts

Mine also says RAZR HD when connected to Ford Sync. They are the exact same phone except one has a larger battery...that is pretty paranoid but you def have the MAXX.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2