Who here jumped up to the Maxx HD from a prior Verizon device before an upgrade? Any one get a good deal on the phone?

I ask because there are quite a few issues with my mom's RAZR Maxx and she's going to Verizon to have it replaced. I wonder if there is a way she could pay some discounted early upgrade fee and jump up to the Maxx HD as she has only had her phone about 5 months.

There is little doubt she will get a new phone, though I wondered if any have stories of swinging an upgrade with a minimum fee in a circumstance such as this (circumstance being she has a defective unit and will be receiving a new unit regardless).

Thanks for any replies!
    12-27-2012 01:01 PM
    Most likely she will get a Refurbished "Like New" replacement Razr Maxx. Verizon does not typically "upgrade" your phone for warranty issues.
    Who? likes this.
    12-27-2012 02:36 PM
    Most likely she will get a Refurbished "Like New" replacement Razr Maxx. Verizon does not typically "upgrade" your phone for warranty issues.
    Kinda what I figured. Guess we'll see what happens.

The HD is just so nice though lol.
    12-27-2012 03:17 PM
    If it makes you feel any better, the refurbished unit you receive will have passed a 100 point inspection.

Actually, we had to have a Rezound replaced due to a flaky, distorted screen. The refurbed unit that came in was in great shape and the wife couldn't be happier. She just dressed it up with a Seido case and all is well. Anyhow, if they determine the phone is bad, you'll get a replacement, not an upgrade.
    12-27-2012 03:39 PM
    Document all your issues with VZW customer service and tech support. Note each day and issue. Get 6-10 documented issues and then push for a different device, offer to pay a part of the upgrade if needed. Ask for customer retention if you aren't getting any traction.

Research known issues and continue to press them. They will sometime give you a different different device to placate you.

Good luck

Sent from my XT926 Vanquish
    TheLibertarian likes this.
    12-27-2012 04:42 PM
    I got a 2 mos early upgrade when I was having many issues with my HTC Thunderbolt. Been LOVING the battery life on the Maxx HD ever since.
    12-27-2012 09:27 PM