Did you keep your unlimited data plan?

Bank of Dad

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
When I got the RazorMaxx HD last week, I specifically asked if I would be able to keep my unlimited data plan I had on my Tbolt and the guy said yes. So today, a week later, I get a text saying I had 50% data left for the month. I called Verizon customer service who said that after July 2012, upgrades, even keeping the same 2 yr plan and contract, couldn't keep unlimited data. HOWever, she was able to go back in the computer and reinstate this, being very nice about it.

I see where Verizon previously said if you had a 3G phone and upgraded to 4G you couldn't keep unlimited data, but we all were under the impression that since Tbolt was 4G that we could keep existing plan.

"The way it will likely work is that as 3G unlimited contracts expire, Verizon will push subscribers to upgrade their devices to smartphones on company's 4G LTE network. These customers will then have to sign up for the data share plans.

"Everyone will be on data share," Shammo said, according to Fierce Wireless. "When they migrate off 3G they will have to go to data share. That is beneficial to us.""

And again from CNET: " The carrier got rid of the unlimited plan for new customers in 2011. But it allowed existing customers to keep the plan. A year later, Verizon changed the policy again, forcing existing customers who want to keep their unlimited data plans to pay full price for a new phone when upgrading"

I got the phone from a local store, which I thought was a Verizon dedicated store, but she said it was just a franchise, and often their info was wrong. ??? Anyway I didn't pay full price.

Anyway hopefully I have my unlimited data back on my and my DH's phone, we are on the old shared plan from years ago.

Did all you keep unlimited data?

Last edited:

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yours is a good story... most would not have had the same result.

I have been doing the equipment swap with two other lines with flip phones

Sent from my XT926 Vanquish

ANDROGUY

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
yep..kept mine.ended up getting a razr mazx hd from ebay...MINT condition...fair price.made sure that it wouldnt knock me out of my unlimited...i AVERAGE 7-8 gigs a month..peak was 14...so i need my unlimited..lol...OH..and if any of u guys are looking at the maxx for an upgrade...etc..it is a GREAT phone..battery life absolutly ROCKS...i have been watching mine to see how it lasts..and so far i have gotten 22hours out of a charge..with moderate to hard use...hard as in 4hours of none stop gaming..youtube..etc

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Bank of Dad

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
So now of course I am reading about line swaps and losing unlimited data.

We are both on smartphones and have no dummy line available. Don't think I would save that much money by jumping thru the hoops.

I am curious to see just how long my current unlimited data lasts. I saw on the Verizon web site that it says unlimited for both our data.

Last edited:

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
So now of course I am reading about line swaps and losing unlimited data.

We are both on smartphones and have no dummy line available. Don't think I would save that much money by jumping thru the hoops.

I am curious to see just how long my current unlimited data lasts.

Run the numbers... is the only way to tell because you will be adding at least $9.99 per dummy line. I use them for my 2 10 year olds so no biggie for me.

I get a nice corporate discount and my unlimited data is only running me $19.99/month with another promotion and the share everything would cost me money. I ask Verizon to run the numbers for me every time I do anything on the line.

Sent from my XT926 Vanquish

GatsbyGlen

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I did not when I moved from 3g to 4g. Not a big deal for me as I rarely go over 2gb. That's what my computer is for :) Also, I'm almost always connected to a WiFi network with my phone anyway, unless I'm away from work or home, which is like never :(.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Kept mine also. Full price was a small price to pay. I average 7-10gb monthly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine today and also paid full price since I wanted to keep my unlimited data plan. I used almost 12 GB of data last month and so in the long run it works better for me to pay full retail.

I'm gonna sell my previous phone on ebay to defray the cost of the upgrade.

Sent from my Droid Razr MAXX HD.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I did. It wasn't time for an upgrade and I know the razr maxx hd will have a high resale value so nothing to lose by keeping unlimited plan.... But not as exciting now since I wohld have to pay to use wireless hotspot.