- 1 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Tethering on a non-Verizon network
So I bought this phone from a Verizon store. I am now in Canada for a few months and am on a monthly contract with Telus. While I'm here I cancelled my monthly with Verizon. When I try to tether here, my phone says "Checking subscriptions status" then that fails and it refers me to Verizon's numbers. I have tethering on my Telus account.
I have regular data on my phone no problem, and I can't find an APN setting relevant to tethering.
Any help would be appreciated.
TL;DR can't tether with another carrier
- 12-31-2012, 10:12 AM #2
Re: Tethering on a non-Verizon network
IF you do a search and change the settings so the DR does not check compliance of tethering on the account, you might just be able to tether in the great north. Do a search on this - either here, or at XDA-developers. It'll require that you're rooted - but it might just work for you.
- By kreinholtz in forum Samsung Galaxy S II SkyrocketReplies: 3Last Post: 05-07-2012, 09:06 PM
- By pmorrsn in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 8Last Post: 03-12-2012, 10:32 AM
- By Ayrow in forum Samsung Galaxy TabReplies: 2Last Post: 03-20-2011, 07:38 PM
- By exmeaguy in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 7Last Post: 10-13-2010, 10:41 AM
- By mikecpilot in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 21Last Post: 07-28-2010, 01:23 AM