Google Services Wakelock

lechejuan

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing any major wakelock issues with google play services? I called up Verizon today because my phone has been held awake for hours after the jellybean update by this darn crap. They told me apparently Google knows of the issue and are working on a fix, but highly doubtful it'll be anytime soon. Anyone else getting issues after jellybean? Specifically with this wakelock? Or does anyone know of a fix?

UPDATE: So I tried a few things to try and remedy the situation. I uninstalled updates to Google play services, then I disabled it, then I stopped sync to my Google contacts for like a day. After I let a day go by (Don't think I needed to wait that long) I then enabled Google Play Services, as well as letting google sync my contacts again. Low and behold my battery has gone from constantly being kept awake and barely lasting a day and draining to now having the kind of battery I had prior to jellybean (meaning being on track for 2 days and a half of not needing a charge.) Hope this helps others who have had bad battery issues.

BTW: Thought you should also know in GSAM battery, check out for any rogue apps that might be using your phone's sensor and holding it awake, because I noticed yesterday Temple Run had held my sensor awake for 11 hrs and a half, when I had only used the game for literally 3 mins.

Last edited:

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what the culprit is, but I have noticed a ton of "awake" time under the battery stats since the JB upgrade. I'm still getting pretty good life out of the battery, so I'm not exactly sure how bad the effect of this is, but it is definitely different that it was prior to JB.

This looks like another example of Verizon's alleged super stringent OS testing process failing miserably.

lechejuan

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Yeah my battery used to last me 2 days easily, sometimes 3 days on a single charge. Now i'm lucky if I can to a day and a half with it, still good battery but not as great as it should be. Yesterday my battery didn't even last me a full day which is ridiculous. I've done a factory reset, i've disabled a ton of apps and it just seems as if every time something new comes up to keep my phone awake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress