Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lowboydrvr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SD Card issues

i have a 32gb SD card that for the most part worked fine in JB. I would restart and it would eventually find the card after a reboot. Well that is not the case anymore and I cannot access the card unless I remove it from the device? This is a major annoyance. What is the point of additional storage? Anyone else having this issue?

Default Re: SD Card issues

Quote Originally Posted by jammocaz View Post
    i have a 32gb SD card that for the most part worked fine in JB. I would restart and it would eventually find the card after a reboot. Well that is not the case anymore and I cannot access the card unless I remove it from the device? This is a major annoyance. What is the point of additional storage? Anyone else having this issue?
    You probably didn't install the card correctly. Try reinstalling it per this link. If it doesn't see it then, it might have been damaged by having the terminals misaligned with the socket. That can put power on the data lines and blow the card.
    SD Card door not fully closing after installing SD Card.
    Thanked by:

Twice since I've owned the phone (once a month ago, and then again last night), my RHDM suddenly stopped seeing my SD card (just out of the blue, worked one minute and then not the next). I took the card out, reinserted, restarted the phone a couple of times, nothing. After a few minutes, the SD card suddenly showed up again. Don't know what's up with that, am just happy that its back again.
    jammocaz likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by whoover View Post
    You probably didn't install the card correctly. Try reinstalling it per this link. If it doesn't see it then, it might have been damaged by having the terminals misaligned with the socket. That can put power on the data lines and blow the card.
    SD Card door not fully closing after installing SD Card.
    whoover, that did not work either. The only thing that worked was reformatting the card on a computer. I inserted the card and it recognized fine. Problem is I have done this before and it happened again. I thought it was a fluke.. which is why I asked the community if they ever saw or experienced something similar. The door was fully closed and tight. I am worried that after a period of time this will occur again?

Thanks for your help!