Missing SMS/MMS Messages?

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I've recently not been receiving SMS and MMS messages. For instance, on Friday night I was using my phone and my wife sent me a text. My phone vibrated as it should, but no message appeared in the stock Text app. Then last night a friend sent an MMS to both me and my wife. She got the text (iphone) and I didn't, but my Light Flow debugger widget says that I got an MMS notification, but no MMS is in my stock text app.

I've also had issues with not getting notification bar notices for texts. That's been going on for a while, but this missing text thing is new.

Anyone else having these problems? Thinking about switching to Handcent, Chomp or another alternative.

Early Cuyler

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I've missed two texts in the last week that I know of. Also having the problem where not all texts show up in the notification bar. I'm also updated to JB.

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have this problem a lot!! I don't know what to do about it...

I can't tell if it's a network problem with AT&T, the phone, the way Android OS treats MMS (group texts, pictures, multiple pictures) often become slideshows or videos...

It's really frustrating cuz people respond with did you see the pic? and I'm like what pic? Sometimes I never receive it, other times I get it hours or days later no joke.

Sometimes if I send the person another text it will come in, sometimes if I turn my phone off then back on it will come in.

I have the exact same issue @whatwhat with the LIghtflow debugger showing I have MMS notification. My issue is the strangest of sorts; it will show who its from and then when I click on the name( message) it brings me to new message, and it will remain there, until I clear the notification in the LightFlow debugger widget.

Anyone with ideas, solutions, or experiencing same issue please comment. I feel like its the network not pushing the message to the phone personally.

As a side note, on New Year's I had texted a bunch of people and never heard back, so I got curious and turned my phone off to see if something screwy happened the next day, and all of a sudden 35 texts came in at once, and then the next day, people finally received picture messages (MMS) that I had sent on NYE...wtf??

amyers

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm also having the problem. MMS' show up in the notification bar, I click to open and they disappear - messaging app is open and no MMS is there.

drsulak

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I also had the same problem last week. I restarted the phone and received 5 days worth of texts all at the same time. Using stock text message app

shendry1

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to fix this? When someone sends me a picture message I go to open it and it disappears. I tried restarting my phone and it didn't fix anything.

Matt Pridemore

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
I know numerous Android users who have the problem of disappearing MMS messages. No iPhone users have this problem at all! It is about to drive me to make the switch to iPhone!!

Shirleymow

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I have this problem a lot.
I thought for a long time that maybe this was happening because I often turn off my data when connected to WiFi but it happened to me today while I was connected to Mobile data (no Wifi connection at all).
Anyone find a solution?