Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do i use google search bar to determine traffic?

I often hear people speaking of using the google search bar to determine best route or traffic to home or work. Could someone explain exactly what phrase to use? I know "navigate home" starts navigation but it doesnt tell me best route to avoid traffic etc. I really have searched but cannot find a clear answer.... I just read you can do it but no explanation how?

Default Re: How do i use google search bar to determine traffic?

I thought it just showed traffic and time delays but not alternate routes.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Well then how do I do THAT?

Well for me it just shows up as I card when I'm away from home. I believe in Google maps I set my home and work addresses. Then it just shows up with traffic info. Sorry that isn't much help but maybe somebody has more info?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

You said quotation mark it just shows up quotation mark. I beg of you, what words do you say to make it just come up.

I set mine up in Google Now's settings for Traffic. Those settings let you designate locations and choose what kind of notifications you want.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I see. I inputted home and work addresses in google maps but I do not use google now so I guess I lose all the good features of google search. The more intrusive google gets the more I hate them. I don't like that google now inserts my correct name into posts like play store reviews whether i like it or not.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

So is it a fact that google searchbat features donwwork if uou don't use google now?

i know what you're saying about google inserting your correct name into posts and the playstore; in the playstore the first time i saw it, i was like what the hell... after having used google now features for a while though i'm willing to put up with the intrusions b/c many things are so much simpler and take less time.
    google now has its own set of features completely separate from google search, but GS has been and is being developed to integrate with GN, so using the google search bar without setting up GN is still going to have its own set of general features, but as far as I am aware personalized search features like saying "how do i get home" instead of "how do i get to 1234 random st" have to be set in GN. GS minus GN, saying "1234 random st" will still give you traffic delays.
    its tough to describe what all the features of GN are b/c its not like you just open up GN and then see the features; they show up in other things like notifications or other google apps. so chances are, instances like features you're talking about when you say " I just read you can do it but no explanation how?" are things you'd see after having GN setup for a little while; i mean its not really an exaggeration to say it's learning about you (only i find its not creepy, the way it sounds)
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I think it IS as creepy as it sounds! It annoys me that google now takes away the option to use an internet name.... Like I'm recDNA here on twitter and everyplace else I post. I don't like that there is no way to speak to a google rep on the phone. I don't like that once you allow google to become , Heck you cannot remove your phone number without feeding them a new one, cannot even email customer service directly. your answering machine service you're essentially stuck for life.