Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 133
Like Tree28Likes
  1. #26  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Concensus - MAXX HD or SIII

    My SGS still gets me through the day, 14-16 hours. Nothing to complain about there.

    Cost is nothing for a battery, and if you own a smartphone, you are aware of your status.

    If you want to talk potential cost, which battery is cheaper to replace in case of failure. In terms of both downtime and actual cost?

    Overall it is still a push.

    Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
  2. #27  

    Default Re: Concensus - MAXX HD or SIII

    Quote Originally Posted by JJ Jones View Post
    Which screen feels smoother doesn't matter if the owner is using a screen protector.
    Welcome to the internet where someone will always find a point to make.
    Early Cuyler likes this.
  3. #28  

    Default Re: Concensus - MAXX HD or SIII

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    My SGS still gets me through the day, 14-16 hours. Nothing to complain about there.

    Cost is nothing for a battery, and if you own a smartphone, you are aware of your status.

    If you want to talk potential cost, which battery is cheaper to replace in case of failure. In terms of both downtime and actual cost?

    Overall it is still a push.

    Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
    Our usage patterns must be a lot different. I think I have the smartphone users OCD disease - my phone is always out and lit up. That's the main reason I got the extended battery for the S3. I am just about flat by mid-afternoon if I don't grab a charge at lunchtime. The extended battery is nice, but bulky. The MaxxHD handles the larger battery much more elegantly. But chargers are dirt cheap too and I have them scattered all over the place - there are even two in my car. So realistically it's never an issue. You can see the problem here. You are choosing from two really excellent phones. The Maxx gives you battery with no fuss. The S3 gives you a somewhat bigger and better screen. They look a lot different - I like the looks of both. If you can live with a smaller battery (however you choose to - carry a spare, or a charger, or your usage is less, whatever) then that REALLY balances them out. Good luck
    Thanked by:
  4. #29  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Concensus - MAXX HD or SIII

    Yeah it is a no lose proposition.

    I want to see first hand how much bulk the oem extended adds. It looks lime next to nothing.

    I am thinking I am going to take the back cover off and use the extended inside the otterbox... No added bulk

    Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
  5. #30  

    Default Re: Concensus - MAXX HD or SIII

    Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    The thought that battery life is a push is ludicrous. Complete loss of credibility to the author of that statement.
    Totally agree.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
    Looking for some Android knowledge...
    Thanked by 2:
    Who?whymista 
  6. #31  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Concensus - MAXX HD or SIII

    Totally fanboi

    Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
  7. #32  

    Default Re: Concensus - MAXX HD or SIII

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Yeah it is a no lose proposition.

    I want to see first hand how much bulk the oem extended adds. It looks lime next to nothing.

    I am thinking I am going to take the back cover off and use the extended inside the otterbox... No added bulk

    Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
    I wish the Samsung extended battery would show up here. I could live with a smaller extended battery for less added bulk. I'm using the Onite, which is really pretty good. But it doubles the phone thickness. It's still thinner than my old Motorola flip phone though!
  8. #33  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Concensus - MAXX HD or SIII

    Lol yeah it is.

    I have not seen them yet anywhere but I am patient. I figure around march

    Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
  9. #34  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Concensus - MAXX HD or SIII

    Is it a 4200?

    Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
  10. #35  

    Default Re: Concensus - MAXX HD or SIII

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Is it a 4200?

    Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
    The Onite? It *says* it's 4500. I think the Samsung is 3000 or so?
  11. #36  
    Bob61's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,915 Global Posts

    Default Re: Concensus - MAXX HD or SIII

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeLip View Post
    Try living with them both a while. It does make a difference.
    My wife has S3, so I have lived with it as I use her phone from time to time. Makes no real difference to me.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
  12. #37  
    blg923's Avatar

    Posts
    278 Posts
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

    Default Re: Concensus - MAXX HD or SIII

    No brainer...MAXX HD

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2
  13. #38  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Concensus - MAXX HD or SIII

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeLip View Post
    The Onite? It *says* it's 4500. I think the Samsung is 3000 or so?
    Something like that

    Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
    Thanked by:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  
    d1c1ple's Avatar

    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

    Default Re: Concensus - MAXX HD or SIII

    Thanks for all the feedback. both are nice; tinkering w/ wifes S3 a little I had the Fascinate before TBOLT and am aware of samsung lack of updates which led me to the Bolt; then expericned the same Crap w/ HTC/VZW; and have seen moto ignore other handsets as well. They delivered JB on time as promised for the RAZR M/HD/MAXX HD and hopefully can keep em current and close to Vanilla android in look feel over the future. I Don't want to root; I want Google to RULE as they should and ensure all the carriers get the H3ll out of the way; just as Apple does w IOS updates - no bloatware, no delays and allow progress to be made and launch phones on carriers simultaneous as possible to help w/ Consumer choice - samsung did a good job with the S3 and Note/NoteII so far and i'm sure they will go for a repeat w/ the S4. Need to find a buyer for my VZW 64GB iP5 now :-)
  15. #40  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Concensus - MAXX HD or SIII

    I will start the bidding at a buck.

    Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
  16. #41  
    Bob61's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,915 Global Posts

    Default Re: Concensus - MAXX HD or SIII

    Quote Originally Posted by d1c1ple View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback. both are nice; tinkering w/ wifes S3 a little I had the Fascinate before TBOLT and am aware of samsung lack of updates which led me to the Bolt; then expericned the same Crap w/ HTC/VZW; and have seen moto ignore other handsets as well. They delivered JB on time as promised for the RAZR M/HD/MAXX HD and hopefully can keep em current and close to Vanilla android in look feel over the future. I Don't want to root; I want Google to RULE as they should and ensure all the carriers get the H3ll out of the way; just as Apple does w IOS updates - no bloatware, no delays and allow progress to be made and launch phones on carriers simultaneous as possible to help w/ Consumer choice - samsung did a good job with the S3 and Note/NoteII so far and i'm sure they will go for a repeat w/ the S4. Need to find a buyer for my VZW 64GB iP5 now :-)
    The S3 and Maxx HD are both great units. As you scan back through this thread there isn't any one compelling reason for one or the other (when people compare slickness of the glass to validate one over the other then you know it's a stretch), so it comes down to personal preference. Each have a different look and feel (not UI feel, but weight and size), so which feels right in your hand. Coming from iP5 both will feel like a monster in your hand initially
  17. #42  

    Default Re: Concensus - MAXX HD or SIII

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob61 View Post
    The S3 and Maxx HD are both great units. As you scan back through this thread there isn't any one compelling reason for one or the other (when people compare slickness of the glass to validate one over the other then you know it's a stretch), so it comes down to personal preference. Each have a different look and feel (not UI feel, but weight and size), so which feels right in your hand. Coming from iP5 both will feel like a monster in your hand initially
    Hey! The glass post was mine! And yeah you're right. It's really hard to choose between them. That's why I have both and swap the SIM between them about once a week. Assuming the OP isn't as stupid as I am, either phone is going to be awesome. And tell you what, I still cannot wait for the new BB
  18. #43  
    Mitalis's Avatar

    Posts
    110 Posts
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts

    Default Re: Concensus - MAXX HD or SIII

    Quote Originally Posted by Cattails_r_Edible View Post
    Anything but samsung!

    Mosquitoes Refuse To Bite Me
    This, Samsung smartphone radios SUCK. I've done signal comparisons between various Samsung phones vs the HTC Rezound, Motorola Razr Maxx HD and the consensus was Samsung Galaxy S3 phone consistently had a worse signal (give or take -30dBm higher) then the Rezound or Maxx HD. I just posted the same response in another thread asking about radio life here: Motorola has the best antennas???
  19. #44  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Concensus - MAXX HD or SIII

    They use to be terrible, but are now on par with everyone else.

    Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
  20. #45  

    Default Re: Concensus - MAXX HD or SIII

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    They use to be terrible, but are now on par with everyone else.

    Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
    This.

    In fact, Motorola has gone down hill with the RAZR HD. I have far better signal with my Note II than my RAZR HD ever had after 4 units. I used to have an original RAZR Maxx and those had amazing signal. Samsung has gotten far better.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.
    Thanked by:
    johnriii likes this.
  21. #46  

    Default Re: Concensus - MAXX HD or SIII

    I had both, found that the S3 simply had to much "going on" for my taste. Call it TouchWiz or whatever you want, but I prefer simple in my smartphone and the MAXX HD is that for me. I too have rooted devices and loaded the latest and greatest software, but again went back to stock for simplicity. Since you have been able to use both devices you should have a feel for which ones suits your liking. They are both very nice devices. The only thing I found noticably better was the camera on the S3. The HD's is fine, but theS3's was better IMO. And I'm hoping like many others that Google will keep all Moto devices up to date with the next software upgrade (Key Lime Pie).
    8703/8330/Storm/OG Droid/HTC Inc/Droid X/RAZR/GNEX/RAZR MAXX/GS3/Note 2/MAXX HD/Note 3/Droid MAXX & GPad 8.3 DE Big Red!
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  
    d1c1ple's Avatar

    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

    Default Re: Concensus - MAXX HD or SIII

    Had to commute today - (VZWiPhone5 versus VZW/GS3 - unplugged about 6:30am to trek into NYC for a 7am train for the 9am DR Appt. Here we are 8 hours later - iP5=55% battery left; Wife's S3=RED13% - she is not happy and very little usage today. I'm still considering the MAXX HD but certainly hoped better for her device. Any real world battery comparos out there of GS3 versus MAXX HD
  23. #48  

    Default Re: Concensus - MAXX HD or SIII

    It boils down to personal preference.
    I have a Razr HD. My previous smart phones:
    SCH i600, Treo 700W, I760, BB Storm, BB Storm II, DroidX, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid HD
    My daughter has the S3.

    As far as hardware, here in the US they use the same processor at the same speed and they benchmark within single digits of each other.
    You might like one screen over the other, one skin over the other, build quality, etc.
    Neither is really superior to the other in the hardware dept, except the S3 has 2GB of RAM.

    The Maxx HD will definitely blow the S3 away on battery comparisons. My Razr HD after 8.5 hours on battery with 2 hours of tethering and streaming is at 67%.
    If you need long battery life, get the Maxx. Otherwise play with both and get the one you like.
  24. #49  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Concensus - MAXX HD or SIII

    Or spend ten dollars for one that you can actually replace. Save on repair bills down the line if it happens too...

    Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
  25. #50  
    MagicMountainMan's Avatar

    Posts
    55 Posts
    ROM
    Whatever comes out first

    Default Re: Concensus - MAXX HD or SIII

    I've had both the Bionic and the Galaxy Nexus and I had multiple batteries with both. I could swap them out if I needed to on a long day, but that meant putting something else in my pocket and trying to remember if the spare was charged or not. Half the time I would forget to bring the spare with me so I would have to put my phone (especially the GNEX) into airplane mode so that the battery wouldn't die. Having two batteries isn't as convenient as having just one that's already built into your device and is awesome. It's just not. End of story. It's freaking annoying to have to power your phone down, take it out of its case, swap the batteries, put it back in the case, and the power it back up all while your trying to take a family picture at Disneyland. #Firstworldproblems

    The Maxx HD is just ridiculous on battery. If that's your thing, then by all means your device is waiting in the wings. I'm also partial to on screen softkeys a-la Nexus and Moto phones of late.

    Reader's Digest Version:
    Screen-GSIII by a bit.
    Battery-Maxx HD by a mile
    Performance-Wash (S4, different GPUs)
    Software-To each their own (I prefer stock-ish Android)
    Physical build-To each their own (I prefer the premium build of the HD)
    Dev Community-GSIII by 50 miles
    Overall-It's up to you

    It doesn't matter how many specs or other opinions we throw at you, at the end of the day the only opinion that matters is yours. Hence why so many people have iPhones.

    ^And save on repair bills?! I honestly don't even know what to say to that.
    Thanked by:
    Who? 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Does the HD or HD Maxx have a FM Tuner?
    By JStamp627 in forum Droid RAZR HD
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-22-2012, 06:08 PM
  2. Keep the M or go for the Maxx HD???
    By Notrega in forum Droid RAZR M
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-22-2012, 12:44 PM
  3. GS3 CM10 or RAZR MAXX HD?
    By conman1395 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-15-2012, 06:31 PM
  4. Razr Maxx HD & Nexus 7 or just get Note 2?
    By donebrasko in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-09-2012, 08:47 PM
  5. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 04-30-2012, 08:48 PM

Posting Permissions

B