Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Concensus - MAXX HD or SIII

First let me say it absolutely is a wash with all the pluses and minuses with both.... I agree with personal preference is all it comes down to.

There is no doubt that the maxx battery is better by a country mile.

That being said, this isn't a bionic or gnex. You cannot compare battery life of those to the s3.

If all you need is 14-16 hours of moderate to heavy use, it again becomes a wash. The sgs3 does that easily. The max even easier. I this is not disputable on either point.

I know what you are saying about wondering if the battery is charged or not, I had that kid of issue with my older phones (twice over with my rezound). I have only had to go to the spare maybe three or four times in the last six months and those were long trips/days.

For a normal sized battery, the life I get is very nice. Suits my needs well, and I am sure that a quick trip to the SGS forum will show that I am not alone.

As far as repair bills, if my battery dies and won't charge again, it costs me 10-20$ to repair, and no down time.

The same really cannot be said of the maxx. It is an uncommon thing, but still a consideration overall.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    If all you need is 14-16 hours of moderate to heavy use, it again becomes a wash. The sgs3 does that easily. The max even easier. I this is not disputable on either point.
    It's not a wash. The GS3 does not get you "14-16 hours of moderate to heavy use." What are you considering "heavy use" to be? Phone batteries go down quickly under true "heavy" use. And why is 14 hours acceptable? You never have a late night after work? When one phone can be relied on to keep going under unusual circumstances and the other cannot, there's no "wash."
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

It most certainly gets you what I say, I have the screen shots to prove it.

14 hours is acceptable for most people and if not, again, I have a spare battery if I need it. I can also charge at work if need be.

Real world use, most people are not away from the house that long everyday. Leave the house at 8 back by 6 (give or take).

The battery life more than makes it.

johnriii likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

This must have been a normal use day...

This must have been a normal use day... http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/20/dyjugyta.jpg

I really don't see what that screen shots tells anyone.

It most certainly gets you what I say, I have the screen shots to prove it.

14 hours is acceptable for most people and if not, again, I have a spare battery if I need it. I can also charge at work if need be.

Real world use, most people are not away from the house that long everyday. Leave the house at 8 back by 6 (give or take).

The battery life more than makes it.

Spare battery, lol. Come on. The point is to not have to worry about extra crap, or whether it's going to give out if you have a long day.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I don't, never had an issue.

I, like most people charge the phone once a day and make it fine, under moderate to heavy use. The spare battery is just a nice option.

I don't carry it like I did with the rezound. It sits in the car and waits. Once a week I might take it out and switch batteries to make sure it is charged.

It isn't a big deal nor any kind of hardship.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaroad View Post
    I really don't see what that screen shots tells anyone.
    It shows 22 hours of use without charging and 16% battery left.
    8703/8330/Storm/OG Droid/HTC Inc/Droid X/RAZR/GNEX/RAZR MAXX/GS3/Note 2/MAXX HD/Note 3/Droid MAXX&GPad 8.3 DE/Droid Turbo/Nexus 6&Nexus 9 VZW

I had a Droid 2 Global with an extra battery. I liked being able to swap one in if I needed without much downtime. The problem, I didn't always have it when I needed it and charging was not always convenient. I upgraded to the RAZR HD in December and have no regrets. I have yet to drain this all the way. I never have to worry about getting low. Most days I go to bed with 70% remaining still. I will take dependable battery over replaceable battery any day!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
    Droid 2 Global, Droid Razr HD, Moto X 32 GB (2014)
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

You cannot compare them. The SoC changes everything. The D2 didn't have that...

Quote Originally Posted by keithdroid View Post
    It shows 22 hours of use without charging and 16% battery left.
    Which doesn't mean anything specific...

My phone currently shows 1d 5h 58m 14s with more screen usage than the above screenshot, and 57% remaining.

You cannot compare them. The SoC changes everything. The D2 didn't have that...

Saying battery life doesn't matter because you carry an extra battery with you is ridiculous to me.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I guess you aren't understanding me.

I am saying battery life doesn't matter because the SGS 3 more than makes it through a typical day. 14-16 hours.

The spare battery option is nice to have for longer or heavier usage days.

The ability to swap batteries at will is also a plus in case a battery goes bad.

I have also said that the maxx battery is a clear winner on a single charge, but that the ability to swap makes it moot if the need arises.

There has never been a time that I have needed to be away from an outlet for 50 hours straight so anything over 24 hours is a bit overkill. It is great to have without a doubt. But not a total necessity since most people hook up to a charger at night.

I would love the sgs3 to have a maxx battery. But buying the maxx just because of the battery life is no longer the necessity that it was with the original maxx.

The SoC setup starts to level the playing field and make it easier for a non-maxx phone get through the day with no hassles, unlike say the rezound, thunderbolt, og SGS, and the like.

Does too!
    Does not!
    Does TOO!
    Does NOT! :P

Guys, I just came out of surgery. My incision hurts when I laugh, so just stop and have mercy. Neither of you are going to win this.
    johnriii and revtech like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Really? I thought I was ahead :-P

I even had a spare arguement

chevyman29 likes this.

Naw, see, he has a BIGGER argument, so he will never need a spare one. So there :P Oh, man, I need percocet now.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I think your flagged

I was not comparing the D2 to the S3 at all. Just the need to swap vs having battery that doesn't need to be swapped. I've done both and prefer not having to think about it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
    Droid 2 Global, Droid Razr HD, Moto X 32 GB (2014)

I think your flagged

Possibly. I just read the devolution of this thread and for some reason it cracked me up. I'm serious. Four incisions. They all hurt when I laugh .
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I had a surgery like that so I literally have felt your pain

As to the other poster with the d2, my bad.

One more thing - I come from Blackberry. I LOVE the way BB presents messages, especially SMS. The interface is clean, no wasted screen space (read - no frikkin bubbles) and any additional notifications like delivery notifiers are presented in the message. The Maxx comes much closer to this design than the S3. Delivery notifier on the S3 appear in the notification bar and they trigger the alert for a SMS. Since SMS is probably the most used feature of my phone, it's annoying to me that the S3 isn't as efficient in it's use as the BB, or the Maxx. Most people are fine with it, I know. Heck, people with iPhones seem happy with Apples lame excuse for an SMS client - probably because they're never used a really good one like the BB. So now I'm really confused as to which of my phones I like better. I guess I'll just have to suck it up and keep using them both (poor me!), and possibly flip them when I get my BB10.

Hehe, my phone is currently on 49 hours (3 hours with the screen on) and it's at 36%.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #74  

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Have to do some more research. She is NOT happy with how the S3 is faring on battery life. Powersave settings are are enabled, etc. She has very few apps on it. I know my TBOLT would barely make it w/ the large 2750 through a 12+ hour day depending on usage.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

I test drove both the SG3 and the MAXX HD and ended up going with the MAXX...simply put, I like the MAXX better hands down for a number of reasons, but the battery life is so good on it that battery life isn't even a consideration for me on a daily basis...I neither find myself thinking about or worrying about battery life and that's a feature that is extremely important to me.

Sent via DROID RAZR MAXX HD
    johnriii likes this.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast