Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default How do I switch from a 4G SIM to a 4G NFC SIM?

    I upgraded from an Verizon GNex to a Droid razr maxx hd, I'm still using the 4G sim that came with my GNex, I want to try ISIS wallet but here in lies the problem. The GNex sim I'm using is not an NFC sim. I popped the NFC sim into my razr maxx hd, but the new sim doesn't activate.

    So how do I switch from a regular 4G lte sim to a 4G lte NFC sim?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: How do I switch from a 4G SIM to a 4G NFC SIM?

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Mazzacane View Post
    I upgraded from an Verizon GNex to a Droid razr maxx hd, I'm still using the 4G sim that came with my GNex, I want to try ISIS wallet but here in lies the problem. The GNex sim I'm using is not an NFC sim. I popped the NFC sim into my razr maxx hd, but the new sim doesn't activate.

    So how do I switch from a regular 4G lte sim to a 4G lte NFC sim?
    Are you even in one of the two Isis test markets? If you're not, you won't be able to. If you are, you'll have to go to the Verizon store and have them activate the sim. (Or call customer service)

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
  3. #3  
    ChuckG73's Avatar

    Posts
    1,204 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: How do I switch from a 4G SIM to a 4G NFC SIM?

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Are you even in one of the two Isis test markets? If you're not, you won't be able to. If you are, you'll have to go to the Verizon store and have them activate the sim. (Or call customer service)

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    I have thought about it for a long time and it is my money and my choice. Therefore, when my contract ends with Verizon, I will spend my dollars elsewhere and will use Google Wallet.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: How do I switch from a 4G SIM to a 4G NFC SIM?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckG73 View Post
    I have thought about it for a long time and it is my money and my choice. Therefore, when my contract ends with Verizon, I will spend my dollars elsewhere and will use Google Wallet.
    I'm not sure how that's relevant to the topic?

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
  5. #5  
    ChuckG73's Avatar

    Posts
    1,204 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: How do I switch from a 4G SIM to a 4G NFC SIM?

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    I'm not sure how that's relevant to the topic?

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    It is relevant in that you need to get a new sim from Verizon and Isis is still in test markets only. I am sick of Verizon controlling how I use my phone. No you can not have google wallet and no you can not use Isis. You have an NFC phone on Verizon and it is pretty much useless.

    Sorry for venting.....maybe not the right forum but it struck a nerve as I love the idea of a mobile wallet and Verizon is the only thing preventing that from happening.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: How do I switch from a 4G SIM to a 4G NFC SIM?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckG73 View Post
    It is relevant in that you need to get a new sim from Verizon and Isis is still in test markets only. I am sick of Verizon controlling how I use my phone. No you can not have google wallet and no you can not use Isis. You have an NFC phone on Verizon and it is pretty much useless.

    Sorry for venting.....maybe not the right forum but it struck a nerve as I love the idea of a mobile wallet and Verizon is the only thing preventing that from happening.
    Isis is in testing. Just like wallet was when it first came out.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
  7. #7  

    Default Re: How do I switch from a 4G SIM to a 4G NFC SIM?

    Any idea when it will be available in the NY market?

Similar Threads

  1. How do you switch from 4G to 3G???
    By Redandroid in forum Verizon HTC Rezound
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-11-2014, 07:37 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 03:11 PM
  3. how do I get from the leaked .588 to stock .602?
    By sully1541 in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-13-2011, 05:45 PM
  4. How do you switch the Fascinate to Google search from Bing search
    By Phil Nickinson in forum Verizon Fascinate
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 09-08-2010, 07:28 PM
  5. How Do I Go From A Motorola Droid To A Droid X
    By android my central in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-06-2010, 10:02 PM

Posting Permissions