Am I going crazy? Can you please test Voice Commands for me?

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
So when I double tap the home key it opens Voice Commands. In the settings area this can be changed but the other options are none, calendar, etc. There is no option for Google Now or Google Search.

So that's request 1....when you "Go To All Settings" and then Accessibility, and then at the very bottom "Double tap home launch", do you have Google Now or Google Search listed? I have camera, gmail, maps, people, phone, play music, text message, voice commands and none.

I have it set to Voice Commands thinking that would be handy because then once within voice commands I can do other things.

So here is the 2nd part of the test/issue/request.

When Voice Commands activates and you tap the "goto" button, what happens? I get a message that says no shortcuts selected and that I need to go into settings and choose the shortcuts. Problem is when I open settings there is no shortcut set up option.

Also, you have to tap the goto button before the voice stops talking "please say a command" or else it won't open goto at all.

So even when I DO manage to get into goto and manage to set up a shortcut, it won't stick. I can go back later in the day and try it again and the shortcuts I identified earlier it just own't recognize.

Are you all able to duplicate this issue?

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
The options I have in Accessibility are: Browser, Gmail, Maps, People, Phone, Play Music, and None. No Google Now or Google Search (no Camera either).

But my phone as currently set up doesn't even have the Voice Commands app, I think because I'm running a ROM that doesn't have it.

jonfarkas

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I had the same behavior, but after doing the voice adaptation in settings the "goto" button brings up a list of all the apps on my phone. After pressing one, it says next time just say "goto <app>".

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed that I can sometimes get it to work, but when I go back later and try it again it's broken again.

If you haven't used the goto command recently, try it again to see what happens.