Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nrm5110
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is there a way to back up contacts without subscribing to backup assistant plus?

I tried connecting to desktop and moving files but that didn't do anything, or I didn't do it correctly. I tried the export tab on the contact menu but that didn't do much either. I am not very techy.

Thanks.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Default Re: Is there a way to back up contacts without subscribing to backup assistant plus?

Google backs up contacts automatically as long as you make sure its set up it should work. The setting is in the people app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Ry likes this.

Default Re: Is there a way to back up contacts without subscribing to backup assistant plus?

When you store a contact on the phone, it can be stored either as a Backup Assistant Plus contact or as a Google contact. You can choose to save your contacts as Google contacts by going into the People app, going to Settings, and then going to Contact Storage. If you select Google, all contacts you add from that point on will be saved as Google contacts and will be backed up by your Google account. Note, however, that contacts saved prior to changing that setting will still not be backed up by Google.

You can export your Backup Assistant contacts to google if you have many of them. You have to set up the free BA account at verizon.com and let the contacts sync to the cloud. Then you can go in on the PC and export all your contacts to a file that you then read into gmail. Delete the BA accounts and you're done. All new contacts should be done as google contacts. I generally add them into gmail on the PC because the keyboard makes it faster.

Make sure they are Google Contacts and not BA.
    BA is notorious for duplicates and other issues.
    I never sign up for BA on any Android phone.
    Too many bad experiences. They may have fixed the issues, but why bother when Google does it right.