Maxx HD or S3?

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Okay, I have tried the iPhone 5, and now am coming back to Android. My question is, can anyone help me to decide between the Maxx HD and an S3? I had the original Maxx, and really liked it. I think that Moto has the best build quality and radios, but I am not very familiar with the attributes beyond that , compared to the S3. If anyone has owned both devices, could you please chime in with your likes and dislikes of both phones? TIA!

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
If you want some great accessories like the iPhone ecosystem then the S3.
If you just want the best phone, get the Motorola.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I have tried the iPhone 5, and now am coming back to Android. My question is, can anyone help me to decide between the Maxx HD and an S3? I had the original Maxx, and really liked it. I think that Moto has the best build quality and radios, but I am not very familiar with the attributes beyond that , compared to the S3. If anyone has owned both devices, could you please chime in with your likes and dislikes of both phones? TIA!

Pretty similar specs really comes down to do u like Motorola's build quality and skin or Samsung's? Personally the maxx HD battery would do it for me. Its that big and still in such slim package. A lot better than a phone with an extended battery. Samsung has more features with the smart stay and what not though. Either way they are so similar u can't go wrong either way.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

hbark

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I've been following on here for a while, but this is my first post. I still have my Thunderbolt, which frankly is still working fine, but I'm past my 2 year stint with it and would like something new. I've decided on the Maxx HD, but am just waiting for its pricing to come down a bit. The S3 goes for $99 in a few places now, while the Maxx HD is at $149 (upgrade price) best I can see.

For me, as with some others, the battery life is the decision maker. I've spent a lot of time in Verizon stores doing touchy-feely with both phones, and both would be great to have. I like the more solid feel of the Maxx HD, too.

unklsckness

May 12, 2010
Visit site
The S3 goes for $99 in a few places now, while the Maxx HD is at $149 (upgrade price) best I can see.

For me, as with some others, the battery life is the decision maker. I've spent a lot of time in Verizon stores doing touchy-feely with both phones, and both would be great to have. I like the more solid feel of the Maxx HD, too.

Bestbuy has a deal for $50 GC when registering a phone for upgrade or buy a phone on 2yr contract must be registered by 2/9/2013 which will bring the price down. They will also price match Amazon $149 price. Last time I did this you could use the GC at the time of purchase when activating in the store. I hope this will help you make your decision.

hbark

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Bestbuy has a deal for $50 GC when registering a phone for upgrade or buy a phone on 2yr contract must be registered by 2/9/2013 which will bring the price down. They will also price match Amazon $149 price. Last time I did this you could use the GC at the time of purchase when activating in the store. I hope this will help you make your decision.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of the price match. I'll run over to Best Buy after work and check this out. I had already registered for that gift card.

I appreciate the suggestion, I'll let you know how that goes.

hbark

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
So today I finally did it. Best Buy had the Razr Maxx for $149, less the $50 gift card thing mentioned earlier, so the net price was $99.95. They had one left in the store -- not any more! Not bad.