Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery drain

Has anyone been experiencing a decrease in their battery life? My phone used to be around 50% at this time. I could have the thing last well into a second day but now if I use it any heavier it dies. Thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery drain-screenshot_2013-02-04-22-19-46.png  

Default Re: Battery drain

After having a few problems with my RMHD, I opted to do a factory reset and am now experiencing a decrease in battery life. This was about 2 days ago and have noticed a huge difference. I'm not sure what it could be but I am only using a few apps and Apex as my default Launcher. Prior to the reset, I was using Nova Prime and was getting about 2 days of battery strength. I hope it isn't Apex Launcher that is causing this problem. Prior to this, I would have a battery percentage of 75 after a whole day and now after 8 hours, I am down to under 50%.

What's your screen on time?
    Do you have a good 4g connection all the time?
    Are you on Jelly Bean? If so, have you factory reset?
    Do you have location history enabled in Google Maps settings?

Also, consider some battery info apps to find out what's eating the battery...I think one is GSam, and there are others out there.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I'm on jelly bean, haven't done a factory reset, I have a good 4g connection in 90% of the places that I'm at, when I'm at home I'm on WiFi and I'm using Nova Launcher. Can't quite figure it out, I think it might be Tasker but it shouldn't be. All I have setup is when I'm near work/home (based off cell towers) to connect to WiFi and silence my phone. I just setup SmartActions to turn off my GPS when my screen is off, I'm sure that'll help but I've never used Smart Actions.
    Device history:
    Storm 1 > Tour > Droid > Droid Incredible > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Motorola Razr HD MAXX & Nexus 7

ROM
    I don't root.

Download and install GSAM battery monitor. That will help you get a handle on what is eating battery.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.gsamlabs.bbm

Sent from my Droid Razr MAXX HD.
    Droid Razr MAXX HD since Dec 2012.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

It seems to be all my screen and 1 app that used a significant amount but that's because I was listening to a podcast on it on the drive into work. It's all the screen, what have you guys got your screens setup to run as?
    Device history:
    Storm 1 > Tour > Droid > Droid Incredible > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Motorola Razr HD MAXX & Nexus 7

ROM
    I don't root.

I usually set my screen brightness to 25%. I'll jack it up to 75% when watching videos but then turn it back down immediately after. I use this widget by Curve Fish. Makes it really easy to switch and you're always aware of brightness.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rightnesslevel

Sent from my Droid Razr MAXX HD.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery drain-uploadfromtaptalk1360134288513.jpg  
    Droid Razr MAXX HD since Dec 2012.