1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question screen shuts off when using the phone

This might be a stupid question, but is there a way to stop the screen from shutting off when using the phone? Whenever I am on the phone, the screen shuts off after a few seconds. It is annoying when I want to end the call and have to use the power button first. This takes a few extra seconds and can be awkward. I just want the screen to stay on whenever the phone call is active. I have ICS and my phone is not rooted.

Thanks!

Default Re: screen shuts off when using the phone

What is your screen timeout value?
    It will always go dark when using it up to your ear to prevent accidental button pushes.
    It should come one after you take it away from your face.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks. I changed my screen timeout value from 30 seconds to a minute. I'll just have to take the phone away from my face more I guess. I was probably keeping it near my ear for too long.

There is a proximity sensor which is intended to shut the screen off - after all, if you can't see the screen because the phone is against your face, what's the point in having it on? It just sucks battery. I don't think there is a way to defeat it.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shaq237 View Post
    This might be a stupid question, but is there a way to stop the screen from shutting off when using the phone? Whenever I am on the phone, the screen shuts off after a few seconds. It is annoying when I want to end the call and have to use the power button first. This takes a few extra seconds and can be awkward. I just want the screen to stay on whenever the phone call is active. I have ICS and my phone is not rooted.

Thanks!
    One thing I did was go into Settings>Accessibility and check the box that says "Power button ends call". It's nice when I'm driving because I don't have to wait for the screen to come back up to hit the hangup, just press the power button and set the phone back down.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

You have ICS?