RAXR MAXX HD Camera not initializing after root
I bought a DRMH Saturday. It has ICS on it. I went through the updates and forgot to unroot it with Voodoo OTA before I did it, so root didn't go through the update.
So I downloaded the RAZR MAXX Utility 1.10, restored the phone back to ICS, did the security update, rooted, loaded Voodoo and saved the SU file, and temporarily unrooted. I then did the JB update, and was able to restore root with Voodoo.
The problem I am having is the camera refuses to initialize. I launch the app, and the screen stays dark, and I get an error message, "Camera error - Camera failed to initialize.
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by CharlieL3; 02-11-2013 at 09:54 AM.
- 02-11-2013, 08:41 PM #2
Re: RAXR MAXX HD Camera not initializing after root
Thanks for the suggestion. I just booted into recovery, and erased the cache partition. The camera still won't initialize.
Is there anything else I should try, other than flash back to ICS and try the whole routine again?
Last edited by CharlieL3; 02-12-2013 at 03:26 PM.
- 02-13-2013, 01:18 PM #5
- By jack31484 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 06-20-2011, 12:25 PM
- By limitproof in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 15Last Post: 12-05-2010, 04:34 PM
- By magicman22 in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 08-18-2010, 10:34 PM
- By illskill#ac in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 08-11-2010, 10:01 PM
- By Globetrahter in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 07-13-2010, 10:11 PM