Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Default New owner with question

I just picked up my new Maxx HD this afternoon and am puzzled by one of the icons in the notification bar. In the upper left corner, there is an icon that says something about detecting an available NFC connection. What has me confused is that I have NFC turned off in the settings menu, or at least I think I have it turned off. I can't dismiss it either like the available Wi-Fi network notification. Anybody know how I can get that NFC notification to go away?

Default Re: New owner with question

Quote Originally Posted by pihutch View Post
    I just picked up my new Maxx HD this afternoon and am puzzled by one of the icons in the notification bar. In the upper left corner, there is an icon that says something about detecting an available NFC connection. What has me confused is that I have NFC turned off in the settings menu, or at least I think I have it turned off. I can't dismiss it either like the available Wi-Fi network notification. Anybody know how I can get that NFC notification to go away?
    Sounds like a hardware problem. Unless you're 1/2" away from another NFC device, it shouldn't detect anything.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

I'm nowhere near another device and NFC is not checked in the settings menu. I'm currently installing the JB update, so I'll see if that takes care of it.

I'm not sure if this is the issue, but when you first set up your phone, there's an NFC notification there, which you can swipe away and then it shouldn't bother you any more. That might not be what you're talking about though.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

It wouldn't let me swipe it away. I figured it out though...just had to turn NFC on then off to make it go away.

Global Posts
    704 Global Posts

Just what is NFC ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiz View Post
    Just what is NFC ?
    Near Field Communication which allows two phones to tap each other and share files.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Thanked by:
    TheMiz