Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Default Re: Like my S3 but hate the battery. Should I get a Maxx HD?

No battery saving apps or anything like that and had about 3 hours of screen time up to this point here...
    Ended up putting it on charge at 25 hours with 5% left and 5 3/4 hours screen time

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Like my S3 but hate the battery. Should I get a Maxx HD?-uploadfromtaptalk1361027063888.jpg  
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Quote Originally Posted by pegs520 View Post
    I'm not even the account holder, and I didn't have to answer any questions, I just needed some info from my account holder.

That sounds really sketchy.
    Yeah, I'm going to call Verizon Customer Service about it all.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    32GB Nexus 5 32GB Nexus 7

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Best Buy and Amazon websites ask the same questions if you try to order online.
    Thanked by:
    Who? 
    Who? likes this.

Uncle Reemus are you rooted? if not how did you get the font face to change?

Quote Originally Posted by npong View Post
    Uncle Reemus are you rooted? if not how did you get the font face to change?
    not rooted.... (not smart enough to do that) all you have to do is go into your settings>font>i think it is choco cooky for mine, but there are many apps that have different fonts

Get the MAXX.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

I love my RMHD. For the same reasons you want one. Battery/usage freedom. Not being afraid of what I can and can't do before killing the battery.

That said, Motorola is rumored to be releasing an X phone in May/June timeframe, which people expect to have the same superb battery Motorola is known for lately. Personally, I'd wait for that one. Since you said you don't want to wait for 3+ months, maybe buy a used Maxx HD to hold you over until that phone's release?

If you're set on the Maxx HD, though, you can't go wrong. Is it the latest and greatest? No, but then neither is the S3 (8+ months old now). It has a pretty decent screen, UI is light and near stock, and this baby flies. You'll get the occational redraw, but I don't mind it so much. But all this said, you will get what you are looking for in battery freedom.

Good luck on your decision!
    Motorola Moto X on Verizon
    -Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx HD (Ret)
    -Motorola Droid 4 (Ret)
    -HTC Droid Incredible 2 (Ret)
    -Motorola Droid (Ret)

If you wait for the Motorola X, you have to ask yourself what you'd be willing to pay for it. Sure it will have things the MaxxHD won't, but at what price. If you're Ok with paying probably 299 on contract for the next best thing, then you wait. If not, this device is worth every penny below 200.

Sent using the amazing RAZR Maxx HD
    "When you turn your Android on, does it return the favor?"

Go with the Maxx... It is nice not having to worry about carrying a charger around with me!

I really liked the week-long battery in my previous non-smartphone so I disable 4G when WiFi is on and use SmartActions to get every minute of battery life out of the RMHD that I can. Results are attached. Good enough for me. I know long battery life and 4G smartphones are generally mutually exclusive, but if battery life is a priority for you, this is the smartphone to get.

Also, I'm on a , so I think that helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Like my S3 but hate the battery. Should I get a Maxx HD?-screenshot_2013-03-08-04-23-57.png   Like my S3 but hate the battery. Should I get a Maxx HD?-screenshot_2013-03-08-04-24-03.png  

Yes I would buy it again. 7 months in and I only charge every 3 to 4 days. Very solid hardware and software.

Quote Originally Posted by MBSMD View Post
    No, that's not it. I don't need to troubleshoot my battery - the phone and software are working properly. The S3's battery simply doesn't last as long as I need it to given the amount of usage the phone gets.

What I'm basically asking is if current Maxx HD owners would buy again *today* or if they would wait to see what's coming in the next month or two. I don't want to wait longer (3+ months).

One thing I noticed about what your graphs showed was that your on 3g most of the time. I have found that when my phone is on 3g (traveling in areas without 4g) it is MUCH less efficient than on a strong or even weak 4g signal. That could and does (for me) drain your battery significantly more than when it doesn't have to search for 4g all day long. Could be that you have a signal issue not a battery issue. Hope you keep the s3 it's an awesome phone but you can't beat the battery life of a maxx or had maxx. Good luck to you!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by drmaf894c View Post
    One thing I noticed about what your graphs showed was that your on 3g most of the time. I have found that when my phone is on 3g (traveling in areas without 4g) it is MUCH less efficient than on a strong or even weak 4g signal. That could and does (for me) drain your battery significantly more than when it doesn't have to search for 4g all day long. Could be that you have a signal issue not a battery issue. Hope you keep the s3 it's an awesome phone but you can't beat the battery life of a maxx or had maxx. Good luck to you!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums
    Your phone is constantly looking for a 4G signal even when its in 3G. You need to disable 4G in order to save the battery but not sure how you go about that on an S3. If you were to set your phone to 3G only there would be less drain since the phone would know to stop looking for a 4G signal.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

The SIII has a setting for CDMA only. I think that you find that in Settings>More>Mobile networks.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

So I've had my RMHD since November and have never experienced anywhere close to the battery life you guys (and everyone else I know who has one) gets. Here's some screenshots from just now. Have already brought it to Verizon once. The sales associate was shocked by the poor battery life I explained, but then when she ran the "one hour phone call" test that they do, it only used 4% which is normal drain. So, they wouldn't do anything for me. Problem is, I barely make phone calls so I don't think that's an accurate test for my phone's battery. I leave it at 0% brightness 24/7, WiFi off unless in my apt, Data off unless actively using (or in my apt, I leave it on since I can charge whenever if needed), and I put it in airplane mode whenever there's no signal (ie. underground on the subway). Help???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12