Battery Improvement .. Drain & then charge.

Tommy Clarkson

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
So I took the plunge...

I've only owned my droid maxx HD for a few days now.. but noticed that the battery life isn't matching up to other stats I've seen online by other users. I know people have mixed feelings on this ... but I did a full battery discharge until my phone turned off by itself. Then from there with out turning the phone on, I let it charge while off too a full 100% again. I tell you what, this process brought my battery to life. I'm at 94% right now and have been using my device for over 3 hours. As to yesterday at this time, I was at around 75% rather than 94%. As I said before, I know people have different thoughts on this, and say its not recommended or needed to let your battery fully discharge, but this worked miracles for me. Not that I recommend doing this often by no means, that was probably the first and last time I'd do it.

I even used this app to help discharge it faster...

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...6utm_term%3Dapp+fast+discharge&token=Y_F22sfA

Anyways .. just my thoughts on this process ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-19-07-56-12.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-19-07-56-12.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
The battery life improves noticeably after the first three or four charge cycles, even if it's only discharged partially. I suspect you would have gotten to the same place in a few more days without a complete discharge.

I've had mine since October and forgot how big an effect it is until we just got one for my wife a few weeks ago. She complained the battery life wasn't like mine for a few days but now it's even better than mine.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Also keep in mind 'standby' time is virtually meaningless. The real important things are screen-on time and Talk Time. I was able to get 26+ hours with 5 hours of screen-on time and 4 hours of talk time...all without hitting the low battery indicator! :D

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Also, you should never let a Li-Ion battery discharge completely.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2