Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default new Razr Maxx HD

I got a new Razr maxx HD yesterday because my old phone, a droid Razr has a terrible battery life. Upon opening this new Razr maxx HD I find 2 things I gotta get right. 1st is I want the world clock widget from my Razr on my Razr maxx HD. I can't seem to find it anywhere and I don't know how to get into system files or whatever I need to do to get it from the Razr to the Razr maxx HD.
    Second is the WiFi tether feature. I have unlimited data and believe me I use it. (150 gigs last month) a lot. With the new Razr maxx HD having jelly bean it seems Verizon has blocked the WiFi tether. How can I make it work again? I have read about root but I really don't want to brick my phone especially when I just paid 700$ for it to buy it outright yesterday. So the world clock widget and the WiFi issue....that's what I need to do. Who can help me out. If the suggestion of rooting...I am fine with stock jelly bean as long as I can add the world clock from old droid razr and WiFi (foxfi) tether for free tethering then I will be happy.

Default Re: new Razr Maxx HD

I believe rooting is the only way to use the Wi-Fi hot spot without paying the $29. 99 fee. And that's a whole lot of Data! Don't use a dedicated home Internet?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Gonna need to root that puppy or downgrade to ICS.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    I believe rooting is the only way to use the Wi-Fi hot spot without paying the $29. 99 fee. And that's a whole lot of Data! Don't use a dedicated home Internet?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    I travel a lot. Months and months away from home, I use the cell for internet and Xbox live.

Ok so how do I root this phone and also...anyone know about the world clock? I was reading and I think that world clock might be part of the motblur? Idk but its on my regular Razr with ICS and I didn't download it.

Yep, that has been the worst part of the upgrade to JB. Loosing that ability sucked. Was using Fox-Fi on ICS and it was great but thanks Google, for screwing me out of that option with JB. Appreciate that!
    "When you turn your Android on, does it return the favor?"
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Ok so I rooted this junk. And I have kept my root into the JB update. Now, how do I get this WiFi going?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

So I got a rooted Razr Max HD running 4.1.1 JB. I have spent all day researching how to get the free WiFi tether. I read and followed the thread on the treve mod WiFi app and its a no go. Just can't get it to put out an SSID to any devices.
    Now I'm moving on for a second. I got a system app dump from my old Razr running 4.0.4 and I see the worldclock apk and odex files. I tried to install the world clock but it said app did not install. I'm sure I have left something out which is causing the failed install of the world clock. Who is down to help?

Sixxstring, did you ever get the tether to work?