I'm debating which Android to get... my BlackBerry has a handy feature where just by plugging it into the charger at night (11pm - 7am), it automatically turns off all LED and sound notifications except for phone calls, and switches into a dimmed clock display.
Do the "smart actions" allow anything similar?
- 02-21-2013, 03:13 PM #2
- 02-21-2013, 05:38 PM #3
- 02-28-2013, 01:10 PM #4
- 79 Posts
Re: Bedside mode?
I actually already have a SmartAction set up to do this. Here's how:
1. Create a new action
2. Triggers: A specific time (whatever time you want it to do so), and when you charging status is set to "charging."
3. Actions: Adjust Volume (play with what settings you want off, whether you want vibration, etc),and you can even set up VIP contacts that will ring anyways (I have my family and girlfriend as VIPs, cause they don't normally call that late unless it's important).Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx HD
-Motorola Droid 4 (Ret)
-HTC Droid Incredible 2 (Ret)
-Motorola Droid (Ret)
- 03-01-2013, 11:17 AM #6
- 10 Posts
Re: Bedside mode?
I use the Moto Universal Stand with my Maxx. Using the supplied "smart" cable it automatically puts the phone in bedside mode when you plug it in. This brings up the clock, which dims. I believe it also suppresses the LED notification light. Almost 100% sure but I would need to verify. Think it also suppresses alert sounds but since I have mine off not sure about that. You cold almost certainly use Smartactions for that if need be.
- 03-03-2013, 05:24 PM #7
- 03-03-2013, 05:28 PM #8
- 03-04-2013, 08:43 PM #9
- 03-04-2013, 10:36 PM #10
- 03-05-2013, 10:43 AM #11
- 03-05-2013, 04:50 PM #13
- 03-05-2013, 09:03 PM #14
- By aweber1nj in forum Droid RAZRReplies: 10Last Post: 11-14-2011, 05:14 PM
- By RoyEP3 in forum Droid BionicReplies: 12Last Post: 09-17-2011, 10:18 PM
- By gman23 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 16Last Post: 09-08-2011, 10:57 PM
- By cyberranger in forum AT&T CaptivateReplies: 6Last Post: 07-30-2010, 06:38 PM
- By engourdi in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 10Last Post: 03-12-2010, 04:48 PM