How's the RAZR Maxx HD running now?

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I didn't think much about lag until after I used a Note II and than tried the RAZR HD again. My main lag was within several internet browsers but that's where its most annoying. As long as it works for you with minimal issues there is no reason to worry.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Yes I agree if it works for you then that's good. But that is the facts 1gb of ram is no good.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

anon(5484072)

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
^It really bugs me when people say their RAZR has zero lag...when in reality they are simply oblivious to it. :rolleyes:

How does battery life and signal on the Note II compare to the Maxx HD? Any issues with app crashing?

No, I'm not oblivious to lag, . And I'm glad it bothers you that I don't have lag.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes I agree if it works for you then that's good. But that is the facts 1gb of ram is no good.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

1 GB works for me so it must be good.

I think Touch Wiz sucks...but, hey, if it works for you...

Sent from my Razr Maxx HD

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
1 GB works for me so it must be good.

I think Touch Wiz sucks...but, hey, if it works for you...

Sent from my Razr Maxx HD

I used to dislike TouchWiz but its grown on me. Not saying you would like it but that's my experience. Glad the 1 GB works for you but it didn't cut it for me.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Got mine on opening day and its still going strong. My only complaint with this device is the camera. Other than that though it runs like a champ. Now mind you I do beat it like a red headed step child, so I just clear out all my open tabs and reboot it every few days. If I don't, yeah then it'll start to get cranky and lag will start up. That's to be expected with any device.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
^It really bugs me when people say their RAZR has zero lag...when in reality they are simply oblivious to it. :rolleyes:

How does battery life and signal on the Note II compare to the Maxx HD? Any issues with app crashing?

Just as a reference point here is my battery on Wi-Fi today with the Note II. This includes a lot of web surfing and Tapa talk.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362372320957.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362372320957.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 38

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
^Thats totally livable. I think I'm going to wait until the S4 and possibly the Moto X is announced. It'd be a shame to miss out on a 1080 screen device this close to it.

As proof I am not wrong and others are simply oblivious to lag....;): I found a thread here that seems to identify a Motorola created script as the cause of the lag. I'm going to explore putting an alternate ROM on and doing that script mod first.

The RAZR/MAXX HD has the specs I'm fine with (screen/camera tolerable), there is no reason I should have to switch...I'll try and fix it first. :)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
^Thats totally livable. I think I'm going to wait until the S4 and possibly the Moto X is announced. It'd be a shame to miss out on a 1080 screen device this close to it.

As proof I am not wrong and others are simply oblivious to lag....;): I found a thread here that seems to identify a Motorola created script as the cause of the lag. I'm going to explore putting an alternate ROM on and doing that script mod first.

The RAZR/MAXX HD has the specs I'm fine with (screen/camera tolerable), there is no reason I should have to switch...I'll try and fix it first. :)

I would not hesitate to pick up a Motorola device again if they would match the screen size and quality of display to my Note II. Motorola had the best build quality I've ever felt on a phone with the RAZR HD but build won't keep me on a device that's underpowered for my needs. I'll be keeping an eye on the X and I'll check out the screen size and go from there. Not sure I'll jump on but it will be nice to see an HD Motorola device.

DevilInPgh

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I think the culprit is the Circles widget. Sure, the memory usage still seems to be high (why it wants to keep every app on my device running either in the foreground or the background is beyond me), but removing the Circles widget from my homescreen seemed to dramatically reduce the amount of lag on my phone. I'll keep an eye out the next couple of days to see if this is not just playing tricks on my head.

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
This lady month I've been dealing with a lot of LAG! Had mine since Oct. I've taken off Google now. Smart actions. Worked for awhile. Now not so much.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34