How's the RAZR Maxx HD running now?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I got rid of my RAZR Maxx HD a while ago for a Note II and sort of regret it. I love it but at times I feel it's too big and the build quality is abysmal. I am the type of person who can't stand creaks and my Note II makes them from top to bottom and even the battery cover. Any negatives happen to the RAZR lately? I'm going to tell Verizon that after two Note II devices have failed on me (Could not make calls or receive texts and the other kept rebooting itself) and many that came damaged where the panels were scratched beyond belief that I would like to go back if possible. My OCD has kicked in and I'm just not happy no matter how powerful this device is.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I got rid of my RAZR Maxx HD a while ago for a Note II and sort of regret it. I love it but at times I feel it's too big and the build quality is abysmal. I am the type of person who can't stand creaks and my Note II makes them from top to bottom and even the battery cover. Any negatives happen to the RAZR lately? I'm going to tell Verizon that after two Note II devices have failed on me (Could not make calls or receive texts and the other kept rebooting itself) and many that came damaged where the panels were scratched beyond belief that I would like to go back if possible. My OCD has kicked in and I'm just not happy no matter how powerful this device is.

I got mine the day it came out in October. It's been flawless. The only problem with it has been my wife making me upgrade her phone to one also. We "stole" my son's upgrade because my wife wasn't yet due, so know my son is pissed. Damned phone.

heavyvino

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Have had mine for a month and am using the tar out of it, it is faultless, runs like my Swiss watch.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Have had mine for a month and am using the tar out of it, it is faultless, runs like my Swiss watch.

Nice, I've had so many random force closes and other crap with my Note II and I don't ever remember my RAZR doing this.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. I've considered switching to the Note 2. I tried a DNA but couldn't handle the poor battery life. My RAZR MAXX HD has a lot of laaaaaaaaaaaaaag issues. No force closes though...

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. I've considered switching to the Note 2. I tried a DNA but couldn't handle the poor battery life. My RAZR MAXX HD has a lot of laaaaaaaaaaaaaag issues. No force closes though...

That's what scares me. The force closures on the Note II are completely random but annoy me. The phone is overall better than the RAZR but I am one of those rare people who prefer a big non removable battery. I can't stand my creaking trims and back cover at all.

I'm just afraid I'll miss the camera, speed and overall performance of the Note II. Battery life is fine and screen is amazing. Test out the Note and see if you like it.

pihutch

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine for about two weeks now and the only force close I have experienced is the iHeartRadio app. It immediately force closes everytime I open it, but then it opens back up automatically and runs without any problems. I'm assuming it's a problem with that particular app because nothing else gives me any trouble.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I spoke with Verizon regarding switching back and she said that pending supervisor approval but I should be able go since I had the device prior to the Note II. If all goes well I'm sure I'll miss some things about the Note II but I'd rather have a premium feeling phone. I'll miss the big screen but I always feel like I'm about to stop this phone due to its height.

We shall see. I hope I'm not making a mistake but I guess I'll try it out before I send my Note II back. ;)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Verizon called me back today and asked if I still wanted to switch back to a RAZR Maxx HD and I politely said that I would. I'll be receiving the phone tomorrow barring the snow doesn't stop FedEX delivery. I'm sure I'll miss some aspects of the Note II but random reboots and stock application force closures isn't part of that.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
i think you may be jinxed whenever it comes to phones . you kept having dropped calls or signal issues with your original maxx hd didnt you ? and its almost unheard of for those issues with moto . now your having a bunch of software issues with your note2 and most everyone has had trouble free service from there note2 .

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
i think you may be jinxed whenever it comes to phones . you kept having dropped calls or signal issues with your original maxx hd didnt you ? and its almost unheard of for those issues with moto . now your having a bunch of software issues with your note2 and most everyone has had trouble free service from there note2 .

My RAZR had slightly worse signal strength but no dropped calls. Not sure if I ever said I dropped calls but if I did I apologize for the mis-type. Granted, I found out this odd signal strength was because my house is in an extended 4G area so either way not great. A few blocks down the road and its an actual 4G area. As for the Wi-Fi issues I was having that's more or less Jelly Bean 4.1 at work. My Note II does this too on every router and considering my new Asus router is top of the line I'll just accept its a fault that can't be solved. This may be why my tablet which is on ICS doesnt experience an issue.

As for the Note II the issues could be overlooked but definitely having issues that others have reported. Random yet constant force closure of applications including the stock messaging application. Beyond that I do miss the build quality of Motorola as I am not a fan of this plastic type feel. Overall though, the Note II is a fantastic phone and I'm a big fan of Samsung but I'm happy to be going back. I find myself using two hands every time because I don't feel secure using the Note II one handed.

And no foul taken with the comment. You're correct I've been really vocal about my issues. No technology is perfect though and I'll openly admit I may have jumped ship a bit too quick.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
yeah i wasnt putting you down or nothing i was just making conversation . i think everyone should use the phone that performs best for them . and it doesnt offend me if someone uses something different than me . so far i love my note2 and cant imagine going back to a smaller screen BUT if it starts giving me trouble or acting stupid I will for sure be looking to change . so far knock on wood ive been really happy with my note2.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
yeah i wasnt putting you down or nothing i was just making conversation . i think everyone should use the phone that performs best for them . and it doesnt offend me if someone uses something different than me . so far i love my note2 and cant imagine going back to a smaller screen BUT if it starts giving me trouble or acting stupid I will for sure be looking to change . so far knock on wood ive been really happy with my note2.

My two good friends with Note 2 have no issues at all. I've mentioned my issues to them and they looked at me clueless. :D

rolo99

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I have had the Maxx since November when I switched from the Thunderbolt. No problems at all!

Hubby got the S3 & regrets it. I played with a Note2 today. Much too big for my tastes.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
My two good friends with Note 2 have no issues at all. I've mentioned my issues to them and they looked at me clueless. :D

Isnt that the way it always goes ? if ive got something that i really want to work properly i'll have the only lemon in that model to ever have been made .and everybody else will be like what did you do to it mine works perfect ???:p

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Isnt that the way it always goes ? if ive got something that i really want to work properly i'll have the only lemon in that model to ever have been made .and everybody else will be like what did you do to it mine works perfect ???:p

Tell me about it. When I bought my 08 Civic EX Coupe I had some horrible rattles. Metal on metal from bars bumping in the trunk but I fixed that. My dashboard always had this distinct rattle in colder climates too. My friends 07 Civic which is essentially the same car had none of these rattles until he hit 117,000 miles! My car had them from 1,000 miles... This same friend has a Note II with no issues. Haha

...Tis okay. He still has the Civic Si and I have an Acura TSX. I win!

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Tell me about it. When I bought my 08 Civic EX Coupe I had some horrible rattles. Metal on metal from bars bumping in the trunk but I fixed that. My dashboard always had this distinct rattle in colder climates too. My friends 07 Civic which is essentially the same car had none of these rattles until he hit 117,000 miles! My car had them from 1,000 miles... This same friend has a Note II with no issues. Haha

...Tis okay. He still has the Civic Si and I have an Acura TSX. I win!

ive got a 06 chevy 2500 hd that has been as near perfect as i think any truck can be im talking 265000 miles with only normal maintence no parts failures of any kind no falling apart still on the original brake pads . but im sure there are plenty of folks with the same truck that totally hate it and swear they will never buy another chevy . its crazy.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site

Just do a factory reset to get rid of the lag....for a while anyway.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just do a factory reset to get rid of the lag....for a while anyway.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

I admit the RAZR ran slower than the Note II when I had it but not much lag. I didn't have much running though and no widgets were on my screen. Basically weatherbug updated every hour and gmail instant sync. Nothing big. I surged the web, bit of Netflix, texted and talked. Do people with a lot of lag run more?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey