How's the RAZR Maxx HD running now?

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Can't do weekly resets. :rolleyes:

Weekly? Mine hasn't had a single freeze or crash or any lag since I did a factory reset about 10 days ago.

Have you even tried?

Unless you meant just rebooting the phone which is not what I mean. I was doing that maybe 3 times a week before the factory reset.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering now if my comments about a weaker signal on the Maxx HD were due to multiple faulty devices. The device I have now matches the numbers of the Galaxy Note II unlike the previous devices which were -15 dBm or more higher.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Jeez! 5 in a day? You can probably type your Google credentials blindfold now too, eh?

I had issues updating from ICS to a 6 MB security update and JellyBean so I kept resetting and changing settings up. It was excessive but in the end I solved my issue so I'm happy.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. I've considered switching to the Note 2. I tried a DNA but couldn't handle the poor battery life. My RAZR MAXX HD has a lot of laaaaaaaaaaaaaag issues. No force closes though...

I see the lag issues you're experiencing. All of my internet browsers, texting, etc. had horrible lag after one day and I don't do much on my phone. I wasn't interested in that Note II refurbished game so I'm selling my RAZR HD Maxx for whatever I can get (Probably a bit over $400) and I paid retail for my Note II which means it's almost like an upgrade without actually signing a contract. So far the phone feels great, no lag or issues from the previous CLNR but we shall see. The RAZR is a great phone but there is nothing I can do to fix the lag. Surfing a web page at times took forever to just scroll down...

Last edited:

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes the lag issues are something that cant really be permanently solved. The problem was with Motorola choosing to only go with 1gb or ram instead of what every other phone had at 2gb of ram. The razr is a great well built phone but that is its weakness not sure why Motorola decided to only stick with 1gb.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

anon(5484072)

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Lag? What lag?

I haven't had lag problems for a while. Everything works as it should.

I'm so happy with this phone. I'm a power user, too, so I know the alternatives would be drained way too early for me. I really can't think of any problems I'm having with the phone itself right now.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes the lag issues are something that cant really be permanently solved. The problem was with Motorola choosing to only go with 1gb or ram instead of what every other phone had at 2gb of ram. The razr is a great well built phone but that is its weakness not sure why Motorola decided to only stick with 1gb.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Well sure, Motorola design their phones to have lag right out of the box! They do absolutely no pre-testing of their products. Or maybe, maybe there is a user installed app or two that is causing the lag?

I'd be interested to see a list of "every other phone that has 2 GB".

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Well sure, Motorola design their phones to have lag right out of the box! They do absolutely no pre-testing of their products. Or maybe, maybe there is a user installed app or two that is causing the lag?

I'd be interested to see a list of "every other phone that has 2 GB".

I wasn't insinuating that and no the phone doesn't lag right out of the box but once you have had the phone for some time and load up your apps it WILL lag and it is due to the phone only having a GB of ram. And sure the list is about 90% of every phone being released today about 80% of phones being released when the HD came out.

Now listen I have the HD maxx and it is a solid built phone and I really did like it. But it lagged quite a bit, too much for a high end to mid tier phone. I'm stating the facts take it or leave it but its the truth why do you think every phone has 2gb or ram? Because the phone runs better and never lags.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Lag? What lag?

I haven't had lag problems for a while. Everything works as it should.

I'm so happy with this phone. I'm a power user, too, so I know the alternatives would be drained way too early for me. I really can't think of any problems I'm having with the phone itself right now.

I didn't pay much attention to the lag until I got a Note II and went back to an HD. It only bothers me now because I've had a fast phone and I can't stand the slowness no matter how well the device is built. The RAZR HD is a fantastic phone that worked well but the lack of memory does doom it easily. Nothing bad to say about it other than the lag was annoying but the battery life was great. The Note II lasts a long time too though so no concern there.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
^It really bugs me when people say their RAZR has zero lag...when in reality they are simply oblivious to it. :rolleyes:

How does battery life and signal on the Note II compare to the Maxx HD? Any issues with app crashing?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
^It really bugs me when people say their RAZR has zero lag...when in reality they are simply oblivious to it. :rolleyes:

How does battery life and signal on the Note II compare to the Maxx HD? Any issues with app crashing?

My Note II is about -5 dBm lower (in other words, better) than the RAZR HD Maxx. This is such a slight difference but may make a difference in a very bad reception area which I've never had to encounter. I will say, however, that both have Wi-Fi kinks due to Jelly Bean but the RAZR HD Maxx is much worse. My Note II at a random moment but not often will slow down but catch up. My RAZR HD Maxx will completely turn off or stay on but not load even when I'm right next to the router. This is with the "Disconnect Wi-Fi if Signal is Weak" disabled so there is no excuse for that. Aside from that, the RAZR HD has horrendous lag with the web browser and Google Chrome. Random lag in bringing up the keyboard to send a text message and other stuff. My only guess is that this phones processor and lack of memory can't handle the demand.

The Note II has had 0 application crashes today. I've used it extensively and even the applications that closed before (Messaging, SiriusXM, JPMorgan Chase, etc.) no longer have such an issue. One of my guesses is that either all the CLNR were bad (which would make sense given the quality) or the SIM Card created some issues. I did have Verizon replace my SIM while I was in the store just in case so I can't comment on the exact cause. Web browsing is quick and the screen is obviously better. Battery life isn't as good (3100 mAh compared to 3300) and the 5.5 720p HD compared to a 4.8 Pentile HD will be the main factor in this. I would like to note though that before on my old Note II I was going about 18 hours with 6 hours of screen time and over 1:30 of talk and was at about 20%. I don't sync a lot of applications though (Weatherbug is on lowest with 6 hours, G-Mail) so that helps me a lot.

On a side note, one thing I didn't like about the RAZR HD was the auto dim. I need auto dim to work properly but in dark environments the screen was too dim and made everything grainy looking. The Note II is dim but not too dim as the colors and text still stand out.

Last edited:

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't insinuating that and no the phone doesn't lag right out of the box but once you have had the phone for some time and load up your apps it WILL lag and it is due to the phone only having a GB of ram.

My phone is loaded up with apps and I don't see any lag. When I had the Moto circles widget installed I would occasionally notice a half second delay before the circles would redraw when exiting Chrome to the home screen, but that's been the only lag I've seen. I'm using Nova launcher now so no circles widget.

Sent from my Razr Maxx HD

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My phone is loaded up with apps and I don't see any lag. When I had the Moto circles widget installed I would occasionally notice a half second delay before the circles would redraw when exiting Chrome to the home screen, but that's been the only lag I've seen. I'm using Nova launcher now so no circles widget.

Sent from my Razr Maxx HD

I didn't think much about lag until after I used a Note II and than tried the RAZR HD again. My main lag was within several internet browsers but that's where its most annoying. As long as it works for you with minimal issues there is no reason to worry.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci