Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

Default Re: How's the RAZR Maxx HD running now?

Quote Originally Posted by dreamliner View Post
    ^Thats totally livable. I think I'm going to wait until the S4 and possibly the Moto X is announced. It'd be a shame to miss out on a 1080 screen device this close to it.

As proof I am not wrong and others are simply oblivious to lag....: I found a thread that seems to identify a Motorola created script as the cause of the lag. I'm going to explore putting an alternate ROM on and doing that script mod first.

The RAZR/MAXX HD has the specs I'm fine with (screen/camera tolerable), there is no reason I should have to switch...I'll try and fix it first.
    I would not hesitate to pick up a Motorola device again if they would match the screen size and quality of display to my Note II. Motorola had the best build quality I've ever felt on a phone with the RAZR HD but build won't keep me on a device that's underpowered for my needs. I'll be keeping an eye on the X and I'll check out the screen size and go from there. Not sure I'll jump on but it will be nice to see an HD Motorola device.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Mine is rooted and I took all the bloatware off. It runs like a beast. No lag period

I think the culprit is the Circles widget. Sure, the memory usage still seems to be high (why it wants to keep every app on my device running either in the foreground or the background is beyond me), but removing the Circles widget from my homescreen seemed to dramatically reduce the amount of lag on my phone. I'll keep an eye out the next couple of days to see if this is not just playing tricks on my head.

This lady month I've been dealing with a lot of LAG! Had mine since Oct. I've taken off Google now. Smart actions. Worked for awhile. Now not so much.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Android Central Forums
    Looking for some Android knowledge...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123