Issue connecting to PC and error on Storage -> Settings

mill4023

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm having issues connecting my phone to a PC via USB.
When I plug it in, it charges, but nothing else happens.

Some research suggested I check the settings under Storage.

But when I got to Settings -> Storage, I get this error.
"Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again. If the problem persists, call us at 800-922-0204. Error Code 1000"

Support had me wipe the partition cache, but that didn't help so the next suggestion was a factory reset.

Any other ideas? If I have to do a reset, is there a way to save what I already have setup on the phone? I haven't done any kind of backups yet.

mill4023

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I did the factory reset and it fixed the error message I was getting on the phone, but I still can't connect to my PC. I plug the phone in and nothing happens.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Do you get an option in the status bar to connect as either a camera or media device?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I did the factory reset and it fixed the error message I was getting on the phone, but I still can't connect to my PC. I plug the phone in and nothing happens.
What OS? The correct Windows drivers should download automatically as soon as you connect the phone as long as you are on Vista or later. There are no drivers for this phone for XP, so it's not compatible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC